The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Otsego Lake  (Read 1686 times)

Offline BukHwt

• IceShanty Rookie
Otsego Lake
« on: Dec 26, 2021, 06:45 PM »
Planning on staying in Gaylord right on Otsego lake for a couple days for snowmobiling and ice fishing. I've been skunked every time I've tried that lake. I've tried for walleye in the past but haven't had luck. This year I want to try for panfish just to get some action. Any suggestions where I should try on that lake? We'll have transportation so I'm willing to try any spot there.

Also, the weather hasn't been friendly for ice making but the forecast looks cold for the next two weeks. Will Otsego have ice by the end of the first week of January?

Thanks for the input!

Offline Hardwater42

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Otsego Lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2021, 07:35 PM »
Won't be ready for the first week of January,  sorry. 

Offline icefishman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2021, 05:39 AM »
Guys are fishing it now and you’ll be good to go next week. I heard there’s 6” but I can’t confirm. Lake I fished in area day after Christmas has 4 to 5” solid no snow on it ice, and as I’m writing this it’s 27 out. Couldn’t tell ya where bluegills are at though.
Catching Any?

Offline Pole-ish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2021, 07:13 PM »
Spoke to Dreffs Bait shop yesterday.
She said 4-5” On Otsego Lake.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2021, 07:55 AM »
Planning on staying in Gaylord right on Otsego lake for a couple days for snowmobiling and ice fishing. I've been skunked every time I've tried that lake. I've tried for walleye in the past but haven't had luck. This year I want to try for panfish just to get some action. Any suggestions where I should try on that lake? We'll have transportation so I'm willing to try any spot there.

Also, the weather hasn't been friendly for ice making but the forecast looks cold for the next two weeks. Will Otsego have ice by the end of the first week of January?

Thanks for the input!

That lake is definitely off my list. 6 of us did a long weekend trip there last year. 3 small Perch between us. No flags out of 12. Didn't even mark very many. Good luck.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Doeslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2021, 09:08 AM »
So i fished it 2 years ago and same thing... 3 of us daylight til dark... 0 bites.... Only a handful of marks all day.... But ive talked to a few people that fish it regularly and what ive learned is the fish congregate in a few specific areas.... So that being said.... By my understanding.... Walleye- north end in the shallow flat... 7-9fow.... Perch... Near the deepest hole but not in it.... I dont know where near is lol... Just info i picked up... They were pretty tight lipped so i had to decipher the tidbits i was able to get..... Sorry if its not helpful.... Ive watched yourube videos of people fishing that lake and crushing perch.... So i know they are in there
Catch and release, into the grease!
"gotta be somebody needs some killin" ~ Major Payne

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.