Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing Live Baits and Plastics

Ice fishing plastic molds

(1/4) > >>

prospector:
Just got into making plastics and wondering if any of you guys have any ideas where to buy molds for Ice Fishng style baits? I have seen a few on the web but would just like some more ideas. Thanks!

filetandrelease:
Take a look at (Do-it mold) and tackle underground,  there are more

KingPerch:
Lurecraft

Agronomist_at_IA:

--- Quote from: prospector on Aug 18, 2018, 05:58 PM ---Just got into making plastics and wondering if any of you guys have any ideas where to buy molds for Ice Fishng style baits? I have seen a few on the web but would just like some more ideas. Thanks!

--- End quote ---

What kind of plastics are you looking for? Panfish?

I've got a lot of molds from do-it, and one or two from Jacobs/lure craft.

Word of advice. Jet the metal molds, and get a metal injector. the get The MF Super soft ....... While the plastic will rip easier with the super soft, it also gives the lures a lot more action.

These are the panfish plastics I make. Just a heads up, you'll want a do it molds small ball jig head mold without a collar on it. RED & BLACK are must colors.

prospector:
 Thanks for the replies guys. Pretty much what I was looking for is in those pictures. Good to know that red and black are hot colors! I have enjoyed building plastic worms and such this summer. I have been killing the smallmouth bass with them this year! I have been pouring jigs for many years And it has been fun to put my own plastics  on them to catch fish. Wanting to do the same through the ice for Crappie and perch. I am pouring some double tail grubs that glow in the dark for Burbot at night. Take care and have a great rest of the summer!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version