Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing Live Baits and Plastics

Gulp! Maggots?

(1/2) > >>

fish_hooked:
Has anyone here ever tried Berkley's Gulp maggots? Look similar to waxworms, just wondering if they might survive more bites/catches than live waxworms.  I hear you can also get them in a variety of colors...

suskymusky:
I tried them for trout and panfish this year.They stay on the hook forever, you can get a couple fish on the same bait.They work pretty good, but the fish wanted the waxies more.You just can't beat the real thing.

Trout Sen-Sei:
Try using the gulp maggots together with live waxworms and maggots. The gulp baits are scented and the fish like to taste the live bait.

BROWNSLAYER:
Used them all last season, stay on the hook real well, but can't beat the real thing.
I personally like spikes, although when you run into the rare occasion when the fish
are suicidal, Gulp has the upper hand because it is so tough, thus the less you have to rebait.

TackleTester:
the gulp are good but of course they do not wiggle which is the major attraction to the real stuff.  I like spikes the best personally.  Give the gulp a try , though...I'd try anything but a natural color, though.

Catch em up
             Brian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version