North Dakota > Ice Fishing North Dakota

Pre icefishing season question

(1/5) > >>

majormaj:
Since it will be a little while before we can brag about the fish we caught through the ice...I thought we could brag about any hunting success we might have had this fall.  Anyone have a good tale?

I've been duck hunting a lot this fall and last weekend we had at least 1000 ducks circling the cornfield we were in.  It was quite a sight to see.  We only shot a few since it was right before sunset.  But it was totally worth the view, I didn't care if we shot 1 or not.  Did get some nice pheasants that day though.

Deer hunting east river this weekend and hoping for the best.

Praying for some arctic blasts to freeze this H2O. 

Mr.G:
Shot a real nice buck this weekend east river deer.  Real nice 5x5 - bout 18" spread - tall and heavy - only real hunting i have done this fall.  No waterfowl so far - hopefully sometime - just waitin for the ice now....

Mr.Seaguar:
I  have been hunting a lot of upland birds. I shot my first sharptail this past weekend. Kinda funny looking. My dog has finally figured out what he is doing and we have been doing great.

perchfisher:
my first year pheasant hunting and havent had much luck. As for deer my youth tag isnt until dec.

Mr.Seaguar:
Heres a story. Dog and I are walking this ground right next to standing corn. This rooster takes off over the corn. I knock it down into the corn. I dont have permission in the corn so i leave the gun. We are looking and see all kinds of feathers, Dog is snuffling along following the bird. We spot it a cross a couple rows ahead of us. Dog shoots up there and bird takes off flying. He cant fly well and dog is chasing it. They go out of sight for a couple minutes. I doubt dog gets it out of midair but he comes running back with roostie in his mouth. I imagine that the bird came down and he grabbed it there. I could have shot it again easy if I had had the gun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version