New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: CHAUTAUQUA LAKE BS 2011  (Read 17368 times)

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live to fish not fishin to live!!!
CHAUTAUQUA LAKE BS 2011
« on: Jan 13, 2011, 05:28 AM »
Please free up the reports board from the BS.  PUT IT HERE.  Thanks, everyone.

Offline MAJOBER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Live Free & Die Hard
Re: CHAUTAUQUA LAKE BS 2011
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2011, 04:16 PM »
i agree 100%... sick of reading about everyone crying the blues when all i want to see are ice conditions...
" There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and dark of night, And if you go no one may follow, That path is for your steps alone.  Ripple in still water,When there is no pebble tossed,Nor wind to blow.  You who choose to lead must follow, But if you fall you fall alone, If you stand then who's to guide you? If I knew the way then I would take you home."  Robert Hunter & Jerry Garcia

Offline lovetoshoot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2011, 07:03 PM »
Yeah Travis I'm traveling from 10 minutes away and I know you only have to travel 8 minutes...can you tell me how much snow fell in the last 40 seconds?   lol
I can't believe that people won't even read 3 posts up from where they ask the same question that was answered 3 times already.  I was waiting for this BS board so I could vent!

Offline lovetoshoot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2011, 07:13 PM »
I had to change my ID because of problems with my computer.  I'm glad because I don't have as many PMs asking me for exact conditions from people that travel less than I do!  If your going to go fishing and the ice is variable conditions...are you really going to take the word of some one you never met?   Look for general conditions and make friends with a few and share info over phone or PM.
BS here instead of reports page and when some one shares a tip with you that pans out...keep it to your self!  Most of all, if you get access from private property, treat it like you would want your property treated.  I've never invited 50 people to park on my lawn, have you?  There ....I feel better!   lol  Off my soap box!
I really do like most of the people I've met from this site, but every now and then......LOL

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2011, 07:19 PM »
Just helping the cause. 

Offline Instantperception

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2011, 07:22 PM »
Thanks Game Hog........i thought the other Chautauqua thread was this years BS thread but glad we have an official one again................. ..this should clear up the reports and conditions page............now can the snow stop...........it's such a drag        ;D

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2011, 07:31 PM »
To all, ITS STILL SNOWING OUT.  The ice will be no better than it was last weekend.  Prob. Anothet foot of snow on top.  Sorry had to do it .

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2011, 07:48 PM »
To all, ITS STILL SNOWING OUT.  The ice will be no better than it was last weekend.  Prob. Anothet foot of snow on top.  Sorry had to do it .

that's not cool.............so that's at  least 18 to 20" total?

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2011, 07:59 PM »
Fishing the am.  Will let you know.

Offline C-Bisket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' - it's what I useta do! "A LOT"
« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 2011, 11:35 AM »
... I’ve added this thread to my notifications G’H’--- if I can add to the Party, I’ll let one rip on here - <smirk> … cuz I knows peoples cares - ‘bout there fishin’…

… I’m down with cold / flu / hee’bee jee’ bee thing … haven’t been on the ice in 5 days – and it ain’t lookin’ so good for me tomorrow either … maybe a couple more days --- BAM … I’ll be Healed !!!

… for now --- It’s a Ice shanty site (sittin’ in the Lazy boy) spectator sport … go get’m guys … <smirk> !
***** USETA *****
Useta Fish a Lot
Useta Have No Problem With The Freezing Temps
Useta Catch a Lot of Fish
Useta Get Out No Matter What
Useta Blaze The Trail
Useta Cook / Eat Fish Once a Week
Useta Be a Regular Out There
*Still Fish Now and Then, But - Nothing Like I USETA *

Fishing, It's been like robbing banks for 40 years, and getting away with it - now's that time when I give it "ALL" back! - it's very redeeming!

Offline JoeM

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 14, 2011, 12:26 PM »
Can anyone tell me the exact ft/lb of torque currently needed to pull a 100lb sled in the snow as of 1:00pm today???   ??? And please forward me all the hot spot gps locations. Thanks!  ;D

Offline nateG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • institutionalized
« Reply #11 on: Jan 14, 2011, 01:04 PM »
Just put this together, hope the drag is a little easier. I guess I could have went a little higher with it!!

Vexilar Entertainment System

Offline perchwisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 14, 2011, 02:21 PM »
Sweet nate can i put my sled on top of yours lol..

Offline nateG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • institutionalized
« Reply #13 on: Jan 14, 2011, 02:35 PM »
$5 out $25 in  ;D I'd hook you up T.

Offline JoeM

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 14, 2011, 03:05 PM »
Sweet setup, looks a little heavy to pull by hand though. I am still deciding whether or not to take my quad this weekend...

Offline waltergirl

• IceShanty Rookie
  • 'To fish or not to fish' What a stupid question.
« Reply #15 on: Jan 14, 2011, 04:37 PM »
 ;D Love this idea but others didn't seem to take the hint ..i still see them goggley gooking  ::) like old woman on the ice conditions and report page which ticks me off :%$#!: Really want to make it out to the lake this weekend but all this snow and my tiny  walking in it doesn't sound to great  :( but may chance it anyhow if we get anything worth talking about I'll post
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles." Every fisherman or woman  has a story. Only a select few have proof.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 14, 2011, 05:17 PM »
;D Love this idea but others didn't seem to take the hint ..i still see them goggley gooking  ::) like old woman on the ice conditions and report page which ticks me off :%$#!:

you got that right..............som e of these people are better off going to the fish market and buying fish.........seems like some people do not want to work to catch their fish and want them handed to them.............yeah the drag is going to be rough this weekend

Offline RiserMiser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 14, 2011, 05:52 PM »
Its very frustrating reading the constant questioning on the reports page. Apparently it is very challenging to scroll up and read the previous reports

Offline waltergirl

• IceShanty Rookie
  • 'To fish or not to fish' What a stupid question.
« Reply #18 on: Jan 15, 2011, 08:07 AM »
 >:( Now they are fighting about snowmobilers and ice fishermen and woman  ;D  and how  the fisherman are in the way  on the reports and conditions  ??? Can't we all just get along and can one of the snowmobilers give me a ride out HAHAHAHA Just kidding  ::)
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles." Every fisherman or woman  has a story. Only a select few have proof.

Offline lovetoshoot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 15, 2011, 08:41 AM »
Nice rig Nate!  I had a very similar set up for my 5600 until I switched to a guide.  In heavy snow dragging by hand you'll want it higher I think.  I had 10 " of ground clearance and on Chautauqua it still plowed snow.  I love that you can use machines on the lakes in NY.  PA is so much of a pain with the fish and boat commission and the DCNR having rules and regs.  They just blame each other when you complain and nothing ever changes.  Next week looks like when the snowmobile hits the lake for fishing. I don't charge as much as Nate for the ride back!  lol   ;)

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jan 15, 2011, 08:58 AM »
finally a BS board with any luck the guys bickering in the reports board will just go away.. I mean come here and free the condition s board up. As always  it is snowing we are expecting another 4-8" general snowfall before the lake effect gets cranked up again. The snow is deep the slush sucks, but the fish are still there. It is getting annoying in the reports section having a couple people report the conditions and then 2 posts later someone asking exactly what the report reported. Snow is deep drag is tough ice is decent  none of this is gonna change anytime soon.

Offline MAJOBER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Live Free & Die Hard
« Reply #21 on: Jan 15, 2011, 01:18 PM »
gonna try to get out a few times this week for the late nite crappie ... if anybody wants to hook up pm me ... always fun with more people out there
" There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and dark of night, And if you go no one may follow, That path is for your steps alone.  Ripple in still water,When there is no pebble tossed,Nor wind to blow.  You who choose to lead must follow, But if you fall you fall alone, If you stand then who's to guide you? If I knew the way then I would take you home."  Robert Hunter & Jerry Garcia

Offline Irrgang131

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Jan 15, 2011, 08:28 PM »
finally a BS board with any luck the guys bickering in the reports board will just go away.. I mean come here and free the condition s board up. As always  it is snowing we are expecting another 4-8" general snowfall before the lake effect gets cranked up again. The snow is deep the slush sucks, but the fish are still there. It is getting annoying in the reports section having a couple people report the conditions and then 2 posts later someone asking exactly what the report reported. Snow is deep drag is tough ice is decent  none of this is gonna change anytime soon.
Well Said...its hard to go back a page or scroll up...

Offline nateG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • institutionalized
« Reply #23 on: Jan 16, 2011, 03:19 PM »
Nice rig Nate!  I had a very similar set up for my 5600 until I switched to a guide.  In heavy snow dragging by hand you'll want it higher I think.  I had 10 " of ground clearance and on Chautauqua it still plowed snow.  I love that you can use machines on the lakes in NY.  PA is so much of a pain with the fish and boat commission and the DCNR having rules and regs.  They just blame each other when you complain and nothing ever changes.  Next week looks like when the snowmobile hits the lake for fishing. I don't charge as much as Nate for the ride back!  lol   ;)

Thanks, love my 5600 so had to come up with some way to drag easier. I used it last week at Mayville drag was so much better. As long as there is a path I think the height is fine. Nice to be able to ride on the lake for sure. Have to have tags, ins, helmet and tow bar if towing...The drag back is always the worst   :woot:

The reports page is out of control. I can't believe how many ppl can't do the research.

Offline Crappie_Rod

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • CRAP EYE
« Reply #24 on: Jan 16, 2011, 07:27 PM »
Marcus
   I agree with you. Can't these guys read all the post before they ask for condition reports.

Offline lovetoshoot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Jan 16, 2011, 08:46 PM »
Thanks, love my 5600 so had to come up with some way to drag easier. I used it last week at Mayville drag was so much better. As long as there is a path I think the height is fine. Nice to be able to ride on the lake for sure. Have to have tags, ins, helmet and tow bar if towing...The drag back is always the worst   :woot:

The reports page is out of control. I can't believe how many ppl can't do the research.
Nate,  did things change from last year?  Last year I was told that the tow bars were only needed if people were passengers in the towed sled.  That way we were able to help out a few older gentleman that were struggling to pull their huts.  We just connected the ropes and pulled 3 or 4 huts at a time.  Did some one say something different to you?

Offline jackie bushman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • swimmin' with the fishes
« Reply #26 on: Jan 17, 2011, 05:14 AM »
Nate,  did things change from last year?  Last year I was told that the tow bars were only needed if people were passengers in the towed sled.  That way we were able to help out a few older gentleman that were struggling to pull their huts.  We just connected the ropes and pulled 3 or 4 huts at a time.  Did some one say something different to you?

The tow bar / direct connect is the rule only if someone is riding on a towed sled/hut. Otherwise, a rope is fine.
Team Capt. Cuba Lake All-Stars .. It's like always being a man up everytime we hit the ice !
Mentor of many future Cuba Lake Legends

Offline nateG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • institutionalized
« Reply #27 on: Jan 17, 2011, 07:48 AM »
Ok, yeah I believe your right. I usually have someone hanging on back there anyhow!! Good to know though for pulling huts behind my sleigh.

Heard a few different stories about quads getting stuck this weekend...hopefully the conditions get better.

Offline nateG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • institutionalized
« Reply #28 on: Jan 17, 2011, 01:39 PM »
The tow bar / direct connect is the rule only if someone is riding on a towed sled/hut. Otherwise, a rope is fine.

Does the person have to wear a helmet if riding on towed sled/hut?

Thank you in advance.

Offline lovetoshoot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Jan 17, 2011, 03:13 PM »
My understanding from the sheriff's department last year was that they were going to enforce the "helmets on all riders" laws. They never did while I was out there, but all my riders had helmets.  They also had told me that they were going to fine the people riding double on single machines.  I didn't see that either!  lol  I wish they would enforce the proximity speed limit.  Sleds and ATV's are supposed to be slowed to slowest speed possible within 100 feet of people or shanties.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.