Author Topic: FG Ice for Relay Derby  (Read 802 times)

Offline kpowers

• IceShanty Rookie
FG Ice for Relay Derby
« on: Feb 09, 2012, 05:36 PM »
Just wanted to touch base with everyone before the "Reeling for Relay" Burbot Ice Fishing Derby this weekend.
Here is the latest (as of today) report from the Game and Fish on the ice conditions at Flaming Gorge. This cold weather we've been having has made an improvement.
Just got off the ice. From Confluence area to mid way down Currant Creek cliffs there is about 6-7 inches of ice. From mid Currant Creek cliffs downstream for about 1/4 miles we were on about 3 inches of clear strong ice. There was several more parties another 1/2 mile down reservoir fishing. I am assuming they were also on 3 inches of ice. Big Bend is frozen but I have no idea how much ice. I am guessing it is similar to the ice we were on but nobody should venture out onto that ice without inspecting it thoroughly.

Conditions can change quick, but that is what we say. I would discourage anyone from taking 4-wheeler, etc on the ice south of the confluence. For that matter I would discourage people from taking four wheelers out period, but definitely south of the confluence.

307-780-5496 or 397-780-6840 for more info

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.