Author Topic: palisades res. reports  (Read 6318 times)

Offline moski

• Team IceShanty Regular
palisades res. reports
« on: Feb 04, 2008, 10:42 PM »
has anybody fished palisades? if so how is it? thanks moski

Offline snakeriverman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: palisades res. reports
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2008, 10:57 AM »
I went up there a couple of times, it has been a few weeks ago.  We fished at Big Elk and we did really well both times we went.  Caught cuts and browns, the cuts were about 20-30 ft. down and the browns were right on the bottom.  Swedish pimples and night crawlers seemed to work the best.  Like I said it has been a couple of weeks since I have been there but I am planning on going up on saturday, might fish righ off the dam.

Offline moski

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2008, 11:52 PM »
hey thanks man! i'm lookin to hook into some lakers when i go up there, but i'm all for some cutts and some browns! let me know how you do at the dam, i'm probably goin to calamity when i head up there!

Offline snakeriverman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2008, 01:04 PM »
I have been wanting to try to get into some lakers up there but have never caught any.  Where is the best place to fish for them and what do you use for bait usally.  Let me know how you do and I will do the same 

Offline moski

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2008, 08:18 PM »
I have been wanting to try to get into some lakers up there but have never caught any.  Where is the best place to fish for them and what do you use for bait usally.  Let me know how you do and I will do the same 
depending on how much water is in there, i try to find 100 fow and jig the bottom with a good size jig with a strip of sucker meat on it! i like white tube jigs that are about 4 to 5 inches long.  but for the most part i jig around the river channel that's anywhere from 90 to 110 feet of water!(at least on the gorge over here is what i do) good luck to ya and hope it works! moski

Offline snakeriverman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2008, 11:48 PM »
Thanks for the tips i will have to get up there and give it a try.

Offline moski

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 08, 2008, 12:52 AM »
Thanks for the tips i will have to get up there and give it a try.
the weekend i head up there we should hook up there! probably the 22 to the 24 is when i'll be up there. i want to hit ririe too.

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
« Reply #7 on: Feb 08, 2008, 09:27 AM »
palisades was the first place i put my new boat on the water last summer, because it thawed first.  we caught mostly brown and cutts, but my buddy did catch one 22 inch fatty laker on a brookie pattern rapala off of a submerged hump that comes up to about 10 f.o.w.   that hump is down by the idaho-wyoming border, and when we jigged off of the drop-off we caught some nice brownies forty feet down.

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
« Reply #8 on: Feb 08, 2008, 09:30 AM »
we fished our asses off though up in the narrows towards the dam and calamity, and had a hell of a time finding anything on the sonar, much less catching anything.  unfortunately we overlooked the bay that drains big elk creek.  i guess that's the spot.

Offline snakeriverman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 08, 2008, 12:07 PM »
the weekend i head up there we should hook up there! probably the 22 to the 24 is when i'll be up there. i want to hit ririe too.

Let me know if you are for sure coming up, I have been fishing ririe a lot this year and would be glad to show you around.

Offline moski

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 08, 2008, 11:56 PM »
we fished our asses off though up in the narrows towards the dam and calamity, and had a hell of a time finding anything on the sonar, much less catching anything.  unfortunately we overlooked the bay that drains big elk creek.  i guess that's the spot.
how deep is that bay? i never fished it on a boat just bank fished it when i was younger! but i know there is some pigs in there!

Offline moski

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 09, 2008, 12:00 AM »
Let me know if you are for sure coming up, I have been fishing ririe a lot this year and would be glad to show you around.
i'll let you know for sure when i'm goin up there! my pa lives in I.F. so he'll be joinin me along with one of my best friends from dubious!

Offline moski

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 15, 2008, 11:29 AM »
i'm headin up there tonight, i'm gunna fish palisades tomarrow then ririe sunday. i'll be in a big white ford(wyo plates county 4) with a blue yukon fish trap!

Offline Big Mack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team Wyoming
« Reply #13 on: Feb 16, 2008, 09:44 AM »
Might come over to ririre Sunday. It will give me a good reason to get my ID fishing tag, Steelhead soon Moski!

Offline moski

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 18, 2008, 10:13 PM »
Might come over to ririre Sunday. It will give me a good reason to get my ID fishing tag, Steelhead soon Moski!
hey big mack did you make it to ririe sunday?we were strait out from the boat ramp the only to shanty's over there! we had the to red wheelers too!
and yeah i had a friend that went to challis sunday but haven't heard back from him, i hopin to head up soon and hook into a few steelies myself!

Offline Big Mack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team Wyoming
« Reply #15 on: Feb 19, 2008, 04:34 PM »
didn't make it over this weekend. Still have yet to fish there, how'd you guys do? When you here from your buddy who went to Callis, let me know how he did. Just waiting to hear a report of broken up ice and I'm there!

Offline moski

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 19, 2008, 10:05 PM »
didn't make it over this weekend. Still have yet to fish there, how'd you guys do? When you here from your buddy who went to Callis, let me know how he did. Just waiting to hear a report of broken up ice and I'm there!
we did pretty good, we caught about 20 koks nothin over a pound. i caught to descent cutthroat about 2lbs. yea im still waitin to hear back from him, he's not very phone friendly!

Offline Big Mack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team Wyoming
« Reply #17 on: Feb 20, 2008, 09:16 PM »
What did ya catch the kokes on? No perch eh? I heard its great perch fishing, don't know how big they get though.

Offline moski

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 22, 2008, 02:11 PM »
What did ya catch the kokes on? No perch eh? I heard its great perch fishing, don't know how big they get though.
we used small jigs tipped with a half a millworm, and i also used a gold swedish pimple tipped with the same! we were in about 80 fow jiggin down about 10 to 20 ft. the fish finder was most helpful locatin the schools comin threw! we went in shallower for perch but never caught one!

Offline EagleIce

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Feb 24, 2008, 05:19 PM »
Hi fellow ice anglers, I just came across this forum and am wondering where have I been so long that I didn't find the forum before now.  Looks great.  Thanks for the updates on Palisades.  Hope to get up there yet this year.
Visit my trout fishing blog at
http://idahotrouthunter.wordpress.com

Offline Big Mack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team Wyoming
« Reply #20 on: Feb 24, 2008, 08:13 PM »
Welcome Eagle Ice! Good info here, after you get five posts you can send and receive PM's. Check out the WY side too!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.