Author Topic: Who's got ice?  (Read 3319 times)

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Who's got ice?
« on: Dec 11, 2007, 09:21 AM »
Who's got ice?   We are just starting into a cold snap here in north Idaho.  17 this morning and not supposed to get above freezing for a week or so.  Maybe by the weekend we can find some safe ice....

Offline plumrob

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Who's got ice?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2007, 02:58 PM »
Hello from McCall Cascade area. We had -4 to -14 this morning. Suppose to stay cold for a while. I hope! I'm ready to get on the ice. I hope that this freezes the res over. Then it will start to build some good ice. Good luck for the weekend.
"We were not put on this earth to judge, just to observe"

Offline MetalMurf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2007, 11:49 PM »
Todays paper showed a picture of Upper Twin with 1" on it. A kid on a dock was dropping a brick on the ice.

Offline plumrob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2007, 08:32 AM »
It looks like the South end of Cascade res. has about an inch of good clear ice on it. Can't tell for sure because it's dark when I drive by, but it looks to be froze over completely. It should start building ice quick. I'll keep you informed.

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2007, 10:30 AM »
I checked a few lakes in north Idaho yesterday.  Nothing ready but if it stays cold, they could be in a few days.....   Round Lake has 2".  Cocolalla is frozen over with a few wet spots out in the middle.  Im guessing maybe next week we could have safe ice on some of the lakes.

Offline MetalMurf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2007, 12:45 AM »
hey BlueDuck, thanks for being the Panhandle Ice Scouter. Not much time for that lately.

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2007, 08:58 AM »
I drove by upper Twin Sun. and saw several sets of tracks.   Drilled one hole near the dock and it was about 3" with wet snow on top.   Didn't look all that good to me, but several sets of tracks went way out on the lake.  Ill wait a bit.

Offline plumrob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2007, 10:57 AM »
I Talked with a guy how went to Horsethief res Tues 12-11-07. He and his wife both limited out on bows. They had around 5"-6" of ice out from the boat ramp. He said the middle did not look safe. The bows were only 12"-14", but nice pink meat.

I did not get to drill any holes on Cascade res. this week end and no body was on it fishing. I'll try to get out there one night this week.

Offline pimplimp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 17, 2007, 02:33 PM »
Fished Horsethief yesterday had good ice down by the dam and limited out on bows. The south end of Cascade looked inviting but I did not want to take any chances. I heard that the very south end buy the southern most boat ramp has good ice but thats just hear say. :tipup:

Offline plumrob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 18, 2007, 10:19 AM »
I walked out off that boat ramp Last Tues night. It had about an inch of ice. I'll get out there this week and drill a hole or two.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.