Author Topic: livescoping  (Read 1360 times)

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
livescoping
« on: Dec 01, 2022, 05:31 AM »
Anyone use this tech? whats your thoughts and how effective is it on lets say a normal depth and size lake.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
Re: livescoping
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2022, 05:42 AM »
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline spearfish42

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2022, 10:03 PM »
I use it and absolutely love it. Target bluegill through the ice. When I fish shallow water about 7’ or less it is limited to how far you can see out. When I am in 15-20’ of water then i can see out 80’ no problem. Definitely makes it nice to have a machine to get you around the lake if you aren’t seeing fish with it. If there are fish around, you will find them, but I have had days were I have searched and searched and still not come across much fish.

Offline awade84

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2022, 12:02 PM »
I recently got Livescope and after getting it all set up i took it to a local pond just to try it out off of a dock.  little tungsten jigs show up very good in the 10-12ft range.  I couldn't check deeper regrettably.  I am excited to try it on the ice this year and the boat in the spring.  My buddies like to say "we" got livescope :)

Offline bigfoot86

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2022, 01:24 PM »
Used my friends a few times, found it way too easy and unrewarding.  Took away from the ‘hunting’ and ‘surprise’ element.  Was thinking about purchasing one but I’ll stick with a flasher.  To each his own.

Offline JDH46151

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2022, 01:55 PM »
I use it and absolutely love it. Target bluegill through the ice. When I fish shallow water about 7’ or less it is limited to how far you can see out. When I am in 15-20’ of water then i can see out 80’ no problem. Definitely makes it nice to have a machine to get you around the lake if you aren’t seeing fish with it. If there are fish around, you will find them, but I have had days were I have searched and searched and still not come across much fish.
That's what I think I would use it for the most...searching new lakes.  I imagine I would go back to my regular setup on the familiar lakes.

Offline teardrop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 21, 2022, 02:07 AM »
Had several chances this year to use live scope. I thought it was fun finding and being able to stay on the fish. Remember it’s just like any fish finder you still have to make them bite.  But knowing the fish are there makes a person keep trying, I think a little harder.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.