Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Jigging

what is your favorite tungsten jigs

(1/2) > >>

tungstenman:
what are your favorite tungsten jigs?

zcm_82:
Acme Pro Tungsten 2 or 3mm most of the time, or sometimes a Lindy Tungsten Toad if I'm after a bit bigger fish.

I used to use Northland Mooskas, but they changed hooks a few years back, and they are super brittle now. I've had the tips snap off on bluegills.

ran7ger:
 agreed, northland hooks are garbage.  if it wasn't for buckshots i'd boycott them altogether.

as for tungstens i like spending my money on big sky jigs and flies, high calibre lures and amped outdoors.

DR.SPECKLER:
WAs a wolfram fiskas fan for a long time but now i use amped outdoors jigs.i like thin wire sharp hooks on my jigs.amped jig prices are great compared to fiskas and hook quality is decent.

zcm_82:

--- Quote from: ran7ger on Jun 17, 2021, 09:35 PM --- agreed, northland hooks are garbage.  if it wasn't for buckshots i'd boycott them altogether.

as for tungstens i like spending my money on big sky jigs and flies, high calibre lures and amped outdoors.

--- End quote ---

I don't know why they decided to cheap out like that. Thier hooks were never great, but they are complete trash now. The only thing Northland I still use are the gumdrop and fireball floating jigs for off-bottom river suspensions once in a blue moon. The hooks on those are not good anymore either, but they're big enough they don't snap like the little #10-14 ice jig hooks.

It saddens me, I was born in Bemidji, so I always liked supporting Northland before the quality went off a cliff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version