Idaho > Ice Fishing Idaho

What's new for your season?

<< < (5/12) > >>

FlamDragger:
My left shoulder...

meandcuznalfy:

Few new jigging spoons and a couple new rods

FishDoktor:
Gonna revive this for the 2021-2022 season.

Not much new for me. Another rod/reel combo which puts me at 13 now. Probably should get another though. Or not take all of them on the ice. Haha. This new one is my first rod to be truly listed as "noodle" so I am excited to try that out.

Also a new drill for the auger. I run a 6 inch strikemaster Lazer (the actual hand auger not the lite flite) on a clam plate. I had been running it off my normal Ryobi hammer drill. That one was brushed and turned out 600 in/ln of torque normally but probably a bit more as I ran it on a 9 ah battery. It did great. But to be safe, I took advantage of the ol' black Friday situation and got the new One+ Brushless Hammer drill. now at 750 in/lb base, I should be turning much more with that 9 ah battery.

Other than that, just a few jigs. I have been eyeballing some of the smaller cameras though. Not that I need it since I have a flasher. But could be fun to have.

dubob:
A 6" SM Lite Flight auger, Shappell HD sled, Ice Shanty Flag & beanie, and 2 Piscifun ICX Carbon Ice Fishing Reel, 3.2:1 Inline FreeSpool Ice Reel, Magnetic Drop System, 8+1 Shielded BB, Sliver & Black, & Left Hand Retrieve.  Is it ice yet?   ;D

FishDoktor:

--- Quote from: dubob on Dec 28, 2021, 01:06 PM ---A 6" SM Lite Flight auger, Shappell HD sled, Ice Shanty Flag & beanie, and 2 Piscifun ICX Carbon Ice Fishing Reel, 3.2:1 Inline FreeSpool Ice Reel, Magnetic Drop System, 8+1 Shielded BB, Sliver & Black, & Left Hand Retrieve.  Is it ice yet?   ;D

--- End quote ---

Sounds like you just completely re-outfitted yourself. I've heard good things about the Lite Flight. Are you setting that up on a drill? I have been using a 6" since I moved to Idaho in 2014. A few people have asked why only 6 and I have told them its much more efficient, lighter, and I have never had a problem pulling even large trout through a 6 inch hole. A friend who has an 8" propane Eskimo has told me numerous times if he had to do it over, he would get exactly the same setup I have with a 6" and use a drill.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version