Author Topic: Cascade Trip  (Read 6132 times)

Offline wingsandwalleyes

• IceShanty Rookie
Cascade Trip
« on: Sep 09, 2019, 08:14 PM »
Hey all,

Planning on making a trip to cascade this coming season. Looking for some info on where to stay that would allow me to ride my sleds onto the lake. Also looking for any starting info any one is willing to give to help me disect the lake without wasting a bunch of time. If anyone is willing to share some info I'd greatly appreciate it. [email protected]

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: Cascade Trip
« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2019, 10:50 PM »
Only been up there once season before last and used vrbo which was just an in between for grand welcome. Only going thru them this coming season and definitely saving some $$. They have houses you can ride to the lake from on sleds. Look at both sites for houses as they each have ones that aren't on each other's sites, that might better suit your needs. Our group usually is atleast 10 strong so splitting the bigger places works out good.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Sandbilly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2019, 08:50 AM »
https://tamarackidaho.com/lodging-overview

Not the cheapest but close to Poison Creek.

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Oct 29, 2019, 05:52 PM »
As far as where to start, I have watched MANY utubes where they fish near Sugarloaf island on the North/ West side. 10-30 ft .Thats where I would start-
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Oct 29, 2019, 07:31 PM »
 :thumbsup: the northeast side is not too bad either
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Oct 31, 2019, 08:18 AM »
:thumbsup: the northeast side is not too bad either

I'll remember that! ;)
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline emmettid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Oct 31, 2019, 08:25 AM »
sorry to sayonly fished cascade twice and both time south of town on lower end and only caught a few trout but nothing over 16 inches 2018.

Offline turdfurgeson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 10, 2019, 09:26 AM »
The Birch Glen Lodge is a great place. They have updated their fish cleaning station.
https://birchglenlodge.com/

Offline Ranger619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Nov 12, 2019, 09:18 PM »
Are there places close to rent machines ?
Fish as much as you can we're not here forever!

Otter Cottage Pro X Over
Marcum LX9 LX7 LX3
Thorne Bros,G Austin & TUCR Rods
Striker Lite Flite Milwaukee Fuel M18

Suzuki 750 King Quad W/Otter Monster Box

Offline Sandbilly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!

Offline wlai

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Nov 14, 2019, 03:14 AM »
Must I get a snowmobile to get to good spots? I am planning a trip and was hoping to just drive, park, and walk.  If that's not a great plan, are there outfitters that can take you to the fishing ground, and maybe even rent a hut?  Thx.

Offline Sandbilly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #11 on: Nov 14, 2019, 08:30 AM »
Must I get a snowmobile to get to good spots? I am planning a trip and was hoping to just drive, park, and walk.  If that's not a great plan, are there outfitters that can take you to the fishing ground, and maybe even rent a hut?  Thx.

There are places you can walk out and fish. Largest hurdle would be access if there is a lot of snow.

Tackle Tom's has a couple of augers and a marcum for rent.   

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #12 on: Nov 14, 2019, 11:55 AM »
The lake is about 20 miles long and over 4 miles across at the widest point.  Most trips wee travel 3 to 5 miles on snowmobiles to get from the launch to the good spots.  You can catch fish by walking on from the launches, but it will not be the best you can do.  Motorized transportation is a must if you truly want to be successful.  There is a fishing guide that provides an excellent experience on Lake Cascade.  I don't have any contact information for him but I think his first name is Bill and either Tackle Toms or Birch Glenn Resort can put you in contact with him.  He provides a full service experience you will be happy with.  Good luck.
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline Ranger619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Nov 14, 2019, 06:59 PM »
Thanks for everything guys ! Hopefully this will be the year we make it out ! We’re in Illinois so it’ll be a hike or we fly.
Fish as much as you can we're not here forever!

Otter Cottage Pro X Over
Marcum LX9 LX7 LX3
Thorne Bros,G Austin & TUCR Rods
Striker Lite Flite Milwaukee Fuel M18

Suzuki 750 King Quad W/Otter Monster Box

Offline PACKFAN-UT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired AF,Nam Vet, VFW life member, Wis. Native
« Reply #14 on: Nov 21, 2019, 11:09 PM »
Musky46 where did you say you booked your place thru up there, I know you didn't go up last year, I stayed at a motel in Donnelly last year to save the long nasty drive from Cascade, loved the shorter drive and we were usually the first one at the launch every morning and most times the last one off in the evening. The motel was a piece of crap. Was told by some friends here from Utah that went thru vrbo or what ever and said they would not use them again. Any info would be appreciated, I also see where tom sold his Tackle shop in Cascade this past summer to a couple, hope they keep things going like he did. Would like to make at least one trip back up this year between goose hunts in Idaho and WY. Thanks, Pete. :)

Offline kienkhang1205

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Nov 27, 2019, 02:35 PM »
Have fish at cascade twice last year,,we go with vrbo for our stay at cascade it a little pricey but lot better then motel, mobile is better to get to fishing ground faster or move to different locations,, most if the fish caught at 16-24 feet, took 3 of us 2 day to fine the good fishing ground the last day we caught around 100 perch 2 big sucker, and it a pain to drive from Denver to Cascade WY highway is nasty icy and windy,,I rather fly if want more fishing time, driving if we have time,,

Offline PACKFAN-UT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired AF,Nam Vet, VFW life member, Wis. Native
« Reply #16 on: Nov 29, 2019, 10:03 AM »
I make several trips goose hunting in Jan to Torrington WY each year and that trip was nasty both trips last year, first trip this year will be New Years.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17 on: Nov 29, 2019, 10:41 AM »
Musky46 where did you say you booked your place thru up there, I know you didn't go up last year, I stayed at a motel in Donnelly last year to save the long nasty drive from Cascade, loved the shorter drive and we were usually the first one at the launch every morning and most times the last one off in the evening. The motel was a piece of crap. Was told by some friends here from Utah that went thru vrbo or what ever and said they would not use them again. Any info would be appreciated, I also see where tom sold his Tackle shop in Cascade this past summer to a couple, hope they keep things going like he did. Would like to make at least one trip back up this year between goose hunts in Idaho and WY. Thanks, Pete. :)

Im using grand welcome. They rent thru vrbo but if you go directly thru them it saves you a few $$. There's is a few houses that you can ride out of on your machines. Which is what we prefer. I sent you a pm with a link to the house we're renting this year. Look around on the site and see if you find something that works for you. With the size of our group (10) it doesn't cost much more than renting motel rooms
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline IceinKzoo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 23, 2019, 12:40 AM »
Hoping to fish Cascade this year.  Moved to Utah from Michigan.  I’ll be going solo and don’t have a sled so probably will try Bill the guide on my first trip.  If any members are in Utah and want to join me send me a pm.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.