Author Topic: Curlew Lake Reports  (Read 9395 times)

Offline hookedlip

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Curlew Lake Reports
« Reply #60 on: Jan 11, 2020, 04:23 PM »
Sounds great, thanks so much for the help!

Offline hookedlip

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Jan 19, 2020, 01:33 PM »
Well we have reservations for sat night the 25th. Was hoping the cold temps last week got some decent ice built up...but looks like some warmer temps at the end of this upcoming week. Anyone been up there, I’d be curious what the ice is like. Thanks

Offline spiltmilt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Jan 20, 2020, 12:29 PM »
Well we have reservations for sat night the 25th. Was hoping the cold temps last week got some decent ice built up...but looks like some warmer temps at the end of this upcoming week. Anyone been up there, I’d be curious what the ice is like. Thanks

Ice remains good in front of the state park but the north end of the lake in front of Tiffany's remains unsafe. Highs in the 40's and rain this week will hinder any substantial ice growth and create a very sloppy mess. Be careful venturing away from the south end of the lake.

Offline hookedlip

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Jan 20, 2020, 07:49 PM »
Thanks for the update on ice conditions....can’t believe the warm weather we are having. Might need to cancel and try for another weekend.  >:(

Offline jackchinook

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #64 on: Jan 26, 2020, 11:19 PM »
Hit Curlew this Saturday and fished off the islands at the state park. Ice was good immediately off the boat launch, maybe 5-6” of good ice with 3” of white frozen snow on top, then a few more inches of water/slush. Out around the island to the NW of the launch good ice was closer to 3-4” and kind of sketchy with a barely frozen slush layer. Weather was terribly warm - never seemed to really get below freezing all weekend and it was WET. Nearly everywhere had 2-3” of wet slush.

My family owns a cabin just south of Tiffany’s on the west side of the widest and deepest part of the lake.  We went down to the dock with an auger to see how it was there - the auger punched right through - ice was basically just a slush layer there on the main lake.

Fishing sucked. 1 small perch between our group. Quite a few trout between 5 and 16”. A few of the bigger ones had more copepods on them than I like to see.

Interestingly, we picked up an almost-black, milting male Kokanee about 15-16”. Cool to see at least one of the kokes WDFW has been stocking survived to adulthood. I’ve trolled around in the summer a few times and never seen one.

Pretty sure we saw perch on our screens but they just weren’t interested.

Offline spiltmilt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Dec 26, 2020, 02:21 PM »
Curlew Lake is good to go. 5-6" but still thin north of the island. Good luck have fun!

Offline spiltmilt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Jan 13, 2021, 10:30 AM »
Curlew is still fishing great!

Offline CoryTDF

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I'm new but I'm awesome! Also, humble.....
« Reply #67 on: Jan 25, 2021, 05:23 PM »
Not a ton of action on this thread??? Washingfornia is just not the place for ice I guess. I do need to get up north and give curlew a try. Used to spend a lot of time there in the summer as a kid. 
Who knew iceholes could be so fun!

Offline spiltmilt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Jan 29, 2021, 12:58 PM »
Not a ton of action on this thread??? Washingfornia is just not the place for ice I guess. I do need to get up north and give curlew a try. Used to spend a lot of time there in the summer as a kid.

Most everyone has migrated to Facebook. My last trip to Curlew there was almost 40 people there. It's a popular pursuit here.

Offline CoryTDF

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I'm new but I'm awesome! Also, humble.....
« Reply #69 on: Feb 02, 2021, 08:30 AM »
Most everyone has migrated to Facebook. My last trip to Curlew there was almost 40 people there. It's a popular pursuit here.

Man, I was really hoping I would not have to go back onto FB again. Guess this would be worth looking at though. Sure hope the ice fishing page has found a way to keep politics out of every single freaking post. 
Who knew iceholes could be so fun!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.