Vermont > Ice Fishing Vermont

Moore Reservoir walleye??

<< < (2/19) > >>

fishingidjit:
Moore dam used to  be full of large trout but the pike have decimated the trout fishery. Walleye would be a great addition but trying to get  a Vt. biologist to change his/her mind is  near imposssible. Look at the temporary rules for Seymour/Little Averill that have been in effect for a dozen + years. Look at the bait rules , the spike horn rules and the CWD rules  etc.  ::)

thefishingweatherman:
There was a post all about this very topic in relation to Moore on here last year I believe. Personally, I am a proponent of not introducing new fish into waterways where they haven't been historically. Seen too many trout ponds and rivers destroyed by pike and bass.

Jrmcd282:
There was zero trout caught at this summer's Derby from what I was told.

fishingidjit:

--- Quote from: thefishingweatherman on Jan 31, 2017, 05:07 PM ---There was a post all about this very topic in relation to Moore on here last year I believe. Personally, I am a proponent of not introducing new fish into waterways where they haven't been historically. Seen too many trout ponds and rivers destroyed by pike and bass.

--- End quote ---

The pike and bass are already in the waters , the trout population has already tanked . This is why walleye  would be a nice addition to what is now a warm water fishery.

thefishingweatherman:

--- Quote from: fishingidjit on Jan 31, 2017, 05:25 PM ---The pike and bass are already in the waters , the trout population has already tanked . This is why walleye  would be a nice addition to what is now a warm water fishery.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I think we oughta just let it be. Shouldn't keep dumping new species into new waters because they can spread. I don't see the fact that the trout population has tanked as being a good rationale here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version