Author Topic: Salmon Falls Reservior  (Read 486 times)

Offline redneckfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Team Iceholes
Salmon Falls Reservior
« on: Jan 17, 2012, 04:50 PM »
Tried out Salmon Falls this past weekend, took me some time finding the ice.  Grey's Landing a no go. Nortons Bay had ice, but open spots.  I checked the south end at backwaters and there's 12" of ice I couldn't believe it.  Sat for a while with out a bite, then bam!  Fish on, felt like a lunker, saw it flash by the hole and my eyes got as big as saucers.  I faught the fish through the hole, CARP.... son of a..  First carp I've ever caught ice fishing, hopefully the last one.  Saw another guy catch a trout, but thats about it.

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No place I'd rather be, 'cept (ice)fishin' !!!
Re: Salmon Falls Reservior
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2012, 05:42 PM »
Hey redneck,

'In Fisherman' did a segment on carp through the ice about a month ago...becoming quite popular back east. Wouldn't want eat or maybe even touch one but what a heck of a fight that would be on an ice rod. Plus, the IS online tourney has a slot for carp...that'd be kinda cool...

Hogger

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Salmon Falls Reservior
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2012, 06:21 PM »
I have been to Blackfoot Res. 5 times ice fishing . It is full of carp and the Trout I have been catching are full of carp minnows . I had one rod on the bottom every time I went hoping to catch one and it never happened . I would love to learn how to catch them through the ice . Curt G.
Catch'em and Eat'em

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.