Wyoming > Ice Fishing Wyoming

ASK THE WYOMING GAME AND FISH

(1/144) > >>

MountainMan:
Our Wyoming Game and Fish has offered to volunteer their valuable time to answer our questions. Please keep in mind that their time on the site is very limited, and that not all questions may be answered. Hopefully this thread can be used by both sides to gain valuable insight. Please maintain the Q&A nature of the thread by reserving discussion for separate threads.

All G&F employees are invited to use the thread as a resource to share information, news and events affecting Wyoming sportsmen.

On behalf of our members, I thank the Wyoming G&F for taking the time to contribute to the site and it's members.  :clap:

LT:
Nice touch Z-man, "Build it, they (G&F) will come."  ;)    Don

er-e-is:
What is WG&F's opinion of "Fizzing". I have done it with lakers, now I have a weight that I hook through the fish's gillplate and lower them back down. I seems to work. I try and land them slowly and let them naturally release their air bladder, sometimes they don't, sometimes friends retrieve them too fast. Thanks for agreeing to participate in this forum.

WYeyes:
I have heard that large female walleyes contribute little if any to the spawning efforts of the walleyes in any body of water, that their spawn is not viable. So what are the facts ? Do large females, say 28" and up, contribute in any meaningfull way to the spawn in a body of water where natural reproduction is successfull ?

WGFFishBio:

--- Quote from: er-e-is on Jan 20, 2011, 09:35 PM ---What is WG&F's opinion of "Fizzing". I have done it with lakers, now I have a weight that I hook through the fish's gillplate and lower them back down. I seems to work. I try and land them slowly and let them naturally release their air bladder, sometimes they don't, sometimes friends retrieve them too fast. Thanks for agreeing to participate in this forum.

--- End quote ---
I honestly don't know much about it and have only experienced it a few times. When I have encounted blown air bladders (fishing Boysen) I end up keeping the fish anyway. Hopefully someone will have better expertise on this compared with me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version