Author Topic: Randolph Jennings?  (Read 1497 times)

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Mason-Dixon - Crappie beware!
Randolph Jennings?
« on: Feb 07, 2005, 07:36 AM »
I was wondering if I should add this lake to the ice fishing reports and conditions board.  I couldn't find any info on it regarding ice fishing, i.e., can you ice fish it or not?  Does anyone know if they allow ice fishing on Randolph Jennings?  All I could find on their web site was that the recreation areas seemed to be closed before April ??? :-\

Kevin Wilson
http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Don't Leave Fish to Find Fish!

Offline FishDeepCreek

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got 45?
Re: Randolph Jennings?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2005, 03:25 PM »
I believe you can ice fish it, however the ride to get to the lake is very steep!I do believe the lake is an US Army Corps Of Engineers lake. The lake is accessable from both Maryland, and West Va sides. The lake is quite deep in alot of parts of it. You can be 15 feet from the shore, and be in well over 100ft of water in some spots. There are bass ,walleyes,trout,pike and even a limited Lake Trout Population. That lake it very rocky, and seems to lack weed beds.The lake hgad a bad acid flow problem for a while until the utilized lime strips to deal with the problem. Below the dam of that resevoir (Barnum), lies one of the best trout fisheries in the Maryland, as well as in West Va. All 4 species of Trout- Maryland state records come from Barnum. It is one of the few areas East Of the Rockies, that has a cut throat trout population. It also does have goldens as well.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.