Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Survived my1st purchase ice gear this year  (Read 3060 times)

Offline Woody61

• Team IceShanty Regular
Survived my1st purchase ice gear this year
« on: Oct 27, 2013, 07:53 PM »
Picked up an Otter wild t600 cottage on Wed and stashed the box in the corner of the garage so the boss wouldn't see it. Well she did today asked me what it was, Oh was the only reply and she didn't ask about the cost either. Hope I get so lucky when I add an LX7 next month ;D

Offline jchunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Survived my1st purchase ice gear this year
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27, 2013, 07:57 PM »
LOL Good luck.

Offline BigRock947

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 27, 2013, 08:04 PM »
Better to ask for forgiveness than permission ;D

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • never to cold to fish not cold enough!!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 27, 2013, 11:35 PM »
Like I told my wife the other day .When I die don't sell my ice gear for what I told her I bought it for !!!!  LOL
Never to many short poles

Offline krcat40

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 27, 2013, 11:39 PM »
Like I told my wife the other day .When I die don't sell my ice gear for what I told her I bought it for !!!!  LOL
Now that's funny!

Offline LarryClutch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Go Big or Go Home
« Reply #5 on: Oct 29, 2013, 09:38 AM »
I bought the lx7 last year.  Best Ice fishing purchase I have ever made. bought it off of reeds online.  they had it $100 cheaper than anyone else.  haven't check any prices this year.

Offline J_Jaacks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Oct 29, 2013, 09:46 PM »
I remember getting my Auger. Told the wife that I was borrowing it from a friend. That worked for about a month. When I got the Ice Shack, I put it together when she took the boys to her moms one weekend. Never told her I got it, but after a awhile of watching me load it into the truck, she finally figured it out. This is definitely a proven method. My next upgrades I will be able to hide pretty well. I want to upgrade the flasher and camera someday.

Offline Crawdad28

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Oct 30, 2013, 12:41 PM »
Nice !! How much for the cottage and where??

Offline Steuben1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Oct 30, 2013, 03:16 PM »
Now that's funny!

Well played sir!  Considering I bought my LX7 last year for $300!!!

Offline jchunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Oct 30, 2013, 07:09 PM »
So the other day I place a small order with Cabelas for a new Ice Tackle bag and a new ice jig box along with some lures. Well today my order showed up and no one was around and I thought, well no one needs to know about this order. You know in case I place another order soon, then she won't be able to keep track off what's new or stuff I already had around. So I thought I was in the clear because I had everything put away, but I was wrong.

So when she was on her way home from work she called me to talk about dinner and my Cabelas order. I was like how do you know about that? Well I guess she found a way to get email notifications when UPS has delivered to our address along with the sender information.  What the heck, a guy can't get away with anything anymore. Well I better get going now, in case she is watching. Lol

Offline Woody61

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Oct 30, 2013, 07:28 PM »
So the other day I place a small order with Cabelas for a new Ice Tackle bag and a new ice jig box along with some lures. Well today my order showed up and no one was around and I thought, well no one needs to know about this order. You know in case I place another order soon, then she won't be able to keep track off what's new or stuff I already had around. So I thought I was in the clear because I had everything put away, but I was wrong.

So when she was on her way home from work she called me to talk about dinner and my Cabelas order. I was like how do you know about that? Well I guess she found a way to get email notifications when UPS has delivered to our address along with the sender information.  What the heck, a guy can't get away with anything anymore. Well I better get going now, in case she is watching. Lol

Yep, sometimes technology I a btch. LOL

Offline J_Jaacks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Oct 30, 2013, 08:41 PM »

Glad that wasn't me. But now you know her source.

Offline Trump

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Oct 31, 2013, 12:07 PM »
i was actually talking to the wife last week about the difference between driving to des moines to get my otter cabin or ordering it from reeds with the shipping but no tax reeds will be about 40 bucks more but it will come to the door step needless to say she dosent give me too much crap when it comes to buying stuff married life is great..... (married on 19oct2013)....ill report back in a few months lol

Offline Steuben1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Oct 31, 2013, 01:33 PM »
i was actually talking to the wife last week about the difference between driving to des moines to get my otter cabin or ordering it from reeds with the shipping but no tax reeds will be about 40 bucks more but it will come to the door step needless to say she dosent give me too much crap when it comes to buying stuff married life is great..... (married on 19oct2013)....ill report back in a few months lol

Give it 3 to 4 years and check back with us..... ;D

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Oct 31, 2013, 04:22 PM »
So keep hopefully you keep her trained

Offline MNSlaunch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Oct 31, 2013, 04:45 PM »
Best of luck lol!
Brett McComas
"Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games... take them fishing."

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Oct 31, 2013, 05:08 PM »
I cant hide it she fishes with me, good in away since any upgrades I get so does she....

Offline J_Jaacks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Oct 31, 2013, 07:08 PM »
Buying two of everything? That gets expensive quick.

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Oct 31, 2013, 07:13 PM »
Buying two of everything? That gets expensive quick.

She gets my handmedowns lol glad she has no interest in muskie fishing...

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
« Reply #19 on: Nov 01, 2013, 09:16 AM »
maybe you could turn on the 7 and tell her it is a fancy burglar alarm and you might need a second just to be safe

It can be convincing as a stud finder as well. 
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline BigRock947

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Nov 01, 2013, 03:31 PM »
I cant hide it she fishes with me, good in away since any upgrades I get so does she....

That used to be my excuse....I don't know how I'll explain the 1-man flip over shack I just bought

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Nov 02, 2013, 12:35 AM »
Way to go big rock  we going to get together this year  I'm so ready for ice

Offline BigRock947

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Nov 02, 2013, 08:59 PM »
Way to go big rock  we going to get together this year  I'm so ready for ice

Heck yeah...looking forward to getting down there and trying some new fishing holes.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.