Author Topic: New otters  (Read 1069 times)

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
New otters
« on: Sep 13, 2019, 09:55 PM »
Looks t
Like the new Otters are out. Couple of new features is all. I had many issues with my XT cabin last year. Same frame and poles as the pro version, but the front of the canvas measures 6” longer. Makes the whole shack saggy and loose. When switched over for side doors, the frame didn’t reach the ground. Not without pulling the ceiling down with it anyway.  I called them out on this and they said they’d send me a new canvas this season. (After sending me three replacements). Instead of fixing the canvases, they come out with some new offset, taller clips for the switchover frame. They ended up sending me those instead. Instead of fixing the issue with the canvas, I suppose some new brackets are cheaper than admitting the canvas specs were defective.

Offline straightShot

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: New otters
« Reply #1 on: Sep 14, 2019, 06:42 AM »
My XT Hideout (new last season) often has problems reaching the ground.  I've moved the canvas on the sled as high as it will go, and it didn't help.  I have to work it.  Having snow to pack helps.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Sep 14, 2019, 07:31 AM »
I’d go to Otters website and file a warranty claim while it still has warranty.

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #3 on: Sep 14, 2019, 01:15 PM »
Just so y’all don’t feel trodden upon Otter is not the only brand that has the problems with tent fit. Set my unit up as per instructions and the front bar doesn’t come close to laying flush to the ice. And if the only thing snow pack is good for it is that!
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Sep 14, 2019, 04:22 PM »
Straightshot, is your hideout tight at least? If it is loose, you could have a wind pole that is too short. This has been known to happen with Otters.

Offline jiggalo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Another great day to be alive!
« Reply #5 on: Sep 15, 2019, 03:29 PM »
I’d go to Otters website and file a warranty claim while it still has warranty.
X2...I had a warranty claim with them last year on a hub house and their service was outstanding
Every day is a good day it's just some days are better than others

Offline straightShot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Sep 15, 2019, 06:24 PM »
Straightshot, is your hideout tight at least? If it is loose, you could have a wind pole that is too short. This has been known to happen with Otters.

No, the wind pole is tight. I can stretch it out and make it tight.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.