Author Topic: CIL today  (Read 2306 times)

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
CIL today
« on: Jan 04, 2007, 10:07 PM »
 Well today went out to CIL with TK and joe 10 and a few other guys and boy was it ever beautiful really warm and sunny. Didn't get to many fish for as many guys as we had but the weather made up for it. With out the wind would have been the best but I had no problem with this. Caught 13 fish with 13 guys all saugers exept for one snot rocket that TK caught.Finall Tally

Jiffy-2 saugers well technically 1 but the other was half out of the hole......Let's say it counts.
TK-2 1 Sauger 1 Pike.
Joe 10-2 Saugers
Dad-2 saugers
Trevor-4 Saugers
All of are other buddies-1

Lots of fun and can't wait to do it again. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Jaymes Hiebert

Humminbird - Jiffy - Clam Corp - Mr. Heater - Berkely

Offline chrisN

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: CIL today
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2007, 11:27 PM »
I was out there today until about noon and it was pretty slow. A couple sauger and that was it. Where abouts were you guys Jiffy?  The weather sure was nice. Sounds like you had a great time even though the fishing wasnt fast and furious.

Im going for Pike tomorrow, than thank goodness im back to school on monday because i dont know how much more gas I can afford ::)I think ive been out everyday since boxing day.
Team Manitoba

Offline ickirby

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Pirate!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2007, 11:31 PM »
OK I need some acronym help..... CIL???

I can only assume from all the sauger caught and the generally slow action that the "L" is for Lockport but what's the acronym in its entirety?
Ian Kirby

Offline SIRTMAN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2007, 07:32 AM »
CIL road is a nickname for HWY 509 due to an old "CIL" plant on that stretch of road/hwy. When you come off hwy 59 and travel west on hwy 509, it basically dead ends at the river and that is where trucks have a good access point to get on the river. You'll find hwy 509 a few kilometers north of hwy 44.  I can't answer what the CIL acronym stands for, but I am pretty sure the "L" doesn't stand for Lockport. I'll guess however.. "Canadian Industires Limeted" ??
AC...stay away from my pail!!

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2007, 08:50 AM »
Yup, CIL does indeed stand for "Canadian Industries Limited". Years ago they had a dynamite storage facility or "bunker" where the tracks cross 509. CIL long ago sold their explosives division. They once made some of the best small arms ammunition in the world as well.

FF
He who hesitates is lost...

Offline ickirby

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Pirate!!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2007, 08:50 AM »
Sure enough, there it is.  Thanks for the heads up.

Ian Kirby

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2007, 09:26 AM »
Where were we well about 500 yards south of where you drive on towards the middle of the river ;D ;D. There was a silver and green truck then later a red and dark beige truck. Man you are lucky to have gone out that many times I was in edmonton for all that time and was tearing my hair out waiting to get home and try out my new gear.
I was out there today until about noon and it was pretty slow. A couple sauger and that was it. Where abouts were you guys Jiffy?  The weather sure was nice. Sounds like you had a great time even though the fishing wasnt fast and furious.

Im going for Pike tomorrow, than thank goodness im back to school on monday because i dont know how much more gas I can afford ::)I think ive been out everyday since boxing day.
Jaymes Hiebert

Humminbird - Jiffy - Clam Corp - Mr. Heater - Berkely

Offline ickirby

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Pirate!!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2007, 09:44 AM »
I dont know how much more gas I can afford ::)I think ive been out everyday since boxing day.

I hear you ChrisN my GF went to her parents for the holidays which meant between the 23rd of Dec and the 1st of Jan I went out 9/10 days. The only day I missed was one big hangover day which I spent working on my shack hahhaha, what a great holiday.
Ian Kirby

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.