Author Topic: light panfish rod with highly sensitive tip?  (Read 12503 times)

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
Re: light panfish rod with highly sensitive tip?
« Reply #30 on: Dec 06, 2011, 10:07 PM »
 ;D Ha ha ha.  I've got a spring bobber rod and a broomstick rod.  I hardly use either of them.  I bring them along until the right situation calls for one or the other.  Too many methods to get way too set on one vs the other.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Dec 07, 2011, 08:03 AM »
i have both the UL and l legends and i think the rods are the same stiffness as a ml and m in most other poles.i think the UL is plenty stiff enough to jig small spoons if not using spring.but the spring is what its all about with the legends.if you do go with the legend i would get a few different sizes of springs too.the lightest one is almost to light for 3mm fiskers.i think the 2 middle ones are good.

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Dec 09, 2011, 11:51 PM »
if you can find one, a Silver Eagle 24" ultra light is my really sensitive rod, and for $10 it's great. not as light in the tip as thorne bros or jason mitchell, but it's still outperformed every spring bobber setup i've used, and you can FEEL the fish bite when you can barely see them. for such a skinny little rod it also has enough backbone to haul a 3+ lb trout up the hole.

Offline Dark Cloud

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Dec 11, 2011, 09:44 PM »
When it comes to lite biting panfish....If you put a St.Croix spring on a broomstick and another guys fishes any rod with no indicator/spring the guy with the broom stick will out fish him everyday of the week.

I'll take that bet against about 98.5 % of people 99% of the time on the ice as long as I have a TB Quiverstick! Once in tune with that rod and the jig, It is deadly... And yes, I have fished every spring out there.  ;D And sometimes I do fish springs.  @)

As per the original question... The powernoodle is tough to beat...

Offline mbart

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Dec 13, 2011, 11:20 PM »
HT Little Jigger, PSG-28UL, cut the wood handle down tape on a spinning reel, perfer the Little Jigger over the Ice Blue. Like the contruction and feel of the TB Quiverstick, until I can justify the expense of owning one I'll continue to fish the HT.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
« Reply #35 on: Dec 13, 2011, 11:22 PM »
When it comes to lite biting panfish....If you put a St.Croix spring on a broomstick and another guys fishes any rod with no indicator/spring the guy with the broom stick will out fish him everyday of the week.

I'll take that Challenge !   Get your Broomstick !

Offline afwrestler1986

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 15, 2011, 04:04 PM »
Another for the affordability of the HT Ice series. I mean for 10 bucks? pricewise it is hard to beat. I liken HT to Harbor Freight. Sure, some of the stuff is junky or cheap. But once in a while you hit the mark and end up not wasting your money. The HT Ice blue hits the mark IMO. Sure, may not be as sensitive as a noodle rod (although I see HT now has one, saw it at wally world) but I love the darn thing. I did however NOT go with the HT reel, Pfleuger.
[Img]http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png[img]

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Dec 15, 2011, 07:46 PM »
i totally agree with the harbor freight/ht comparison,well said.

Offline nurmimn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Mar 02, 2012, 11:54 PM »
power noodle then a quiverstick

maybe a el dente rod?

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #39 on: Mar 03, 2012, 12:20 AM »
Jason Michell meat stick HANDS DOWN best panfish  rod I have used
The fishing is always great, the catching however, always isn't

Offline Clam Sr.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Mar 06, 2012, 03:45 PM »
I second the vote for the Al Dente Noodle Rod. What a quality product. My friend has a Powernoodle, and seeing they had a backlog of 3+ weeks, I put an order in with DH. I submitted the order Tuesday Morning, and by Friday evening I had my rod, exactly as i'd asked for it. Tried it out this past weekend on some light biting pannies and it worked flawlessly, and acted in much of the same manner as my buddies 24" Powernoodle. I'm sold!

Offline Fishhunter22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Mar 06, 2012, 04:01 PM »
i use jason mitchell meatsticks. GREAT ROD! small guides on tip which freeze up fast. ive pulled 4lb fish out of the hole with this rod. however, did have one break a few years ago while taking shanty out of suv. everything slid.. and snap. i personall think any rod would have broke at that point. mitchell meatsticks-you take care of it and it'll take care of you-period.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.