The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: jiffy rogue  (Read 1906 times)

Offline snipersam

• IceShanty Rookie
jiffy rogue
« on: Feb 14, 2022, 08:03 AM »
anyone try the new jiffy rogue? Buddy bought a 10 inch and gave it to me to try out. We are not impressed. 31 inches of ice. we get 10 holes per battery. good preformace for the first 5 then it starts cutting out ocasionally, which becomes worse and worse as the battery drains. Easily have 20 cut outs on the last hole. This is far from the preformance jiffy claims. Jiffy also says the batteries need a few discharge/charge cycles to get to 100%, i'm at 3 cycles not on both batteries with no improvement.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: jiffy rogue
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2022, 08:41 AM »
Battery getting hot/overheating. Drilling holes one right after another and/or thick ice can do that to the set up .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline snipersam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2022, 09:41 AM »
im not drilling one after the other. I take it easy, clean chips alow, and take breaks between holes.  Same as i have with other electric augers and got way better numbers.

Offline snipersam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2022, 02:12 PM »
jiffy replaced the power head. second one wouldnt cut out but would bog down alot rpm wise. Ended up returning it. 10 inch augers, especially chippers, and deep ice are not a great combo.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.