Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Augers

Amount of holes with a Ion

(1/5) > >>

RIfish:
How many  holes should I expect with a charged battery  through 12 inches of ice with a ION 8 inch bit?

hardwater diehard:
What set up are you using? ION powerhead? Cordless drill? What amp hour Battery ?

SpitzoMT:
I drilled 40 - 50 thru 14 inches of ice one time & the battery still had all its lights.....I would feel pretty confident in expecting around 100 thru 12 inches on a fully charged battery.....

EDIT: Sorry.....Should have stated that this was with Ion powerhead !!

FreshwaterPhil:
I drilled 80 holes into 20+ inches last year with my 8 inch Ion G2, still had power at days end. This season, I drilled 100 holes into 7 inches, still had 2 of 3 bars power. Guessing I could have drilled over 250. It's rated for 2000 inches, so as long as battery is OK and blades are sharp, you should be able to get over 150 holes into 12 inches.

Kevin23:

--- Quote from: RIfish on Jan 15, 2022, 04:26 PM ---How many  holes should I expect with a charged battery  through 12 inches of ice with a ION 8 inch bit?

--- End quote ---

From their website, "With its 8 inch auger bit, the battery produces up to 1000 inches of drilling power on a single charge."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version