Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Augers

Proper gas for small engines!

<< < (2/47) > >>

akdg:
There's some good info!  Makes alot of sense the way they explained it.  Thanks for the lesson LW!

comp:
So basically, with todays synthetics we can easily take an old engine that requires a 24:1 ratio and run a 50:1 in that engine with the proper lubrication?

LoneWolf:

--- Quote from: comp on Dec 15, 2006, 05:43 AM ---So basically, with todays synthetics we can easily take an old engine that requires a 24:1 ratio and run a 50:1 in that engine with the proper lubrication?

--- End quote ---

Yes you could run 50:1, 75:1 or 100:1 in an older engine that originally required 25:1 as long as the oil states it can be ran at those ratios.. It should rev higher, have less smoke and less oil coming from the muffler.

comp:
Thanks Lonewolf!!!  Last year I run AMS Oil at 50:1 and noticed the revs increase and less smoke.  I was afraid of not enough lube, as you now the saying" it runs the best just before she blows".

bushbunny:
I have run Opti2 at 100:1 in my 20 year old Tanaka engine for at least 15 years.  It revs between 7 & 8000 rpm.  The manual calls for a 25:1 blend.  Like Lonewolf says, current technology provides the required lubrication at a far leaner ratio.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version