Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Augers

Proper gas for small engines!

<< < (45/47) > >>

Kevin23:
We have 2 stations in town that have non oxy. Both BP. its 91 non oxy and was 3.49 when I filled the auger can a couple weeks ago. No need to use ethanol here.

ice dawg:
I think we should be able to buy non-oxy gas everywhere. If ethanol is so great make it a choice instead of forcing it on us as consumers. Take the subsidies away and let it stand alone as a choice at the pump. Then figure a way to get rid of it after it goes through fuel separation in the ground. I think government has taken enough choices away from us.

thewyler:
The problem with non oxy is there is still the bulk tank issue, go with tru fuel, its much more expensive but i doubt you will use more than 1 can a season.

FishGut:
Ten percent ethanol gas became a norm 25 years ago. Any company that can't engineer a motor to deal with it in that amount of time shouldn't be in business. The same goes for any "ethanol eats gaskets" argument.

Buying and mixing more fuel than you'll use in a week or two is your own fault.

Once a week, whatever's in the gas cans (summer gas for the mower, winter mix for the snow thrower) gets poured into my kids' car. They get an extra 10 to 20 miles, and I start every time with fresh fuel.

ryan3703:
VP small engine 40:1 mix 94 octane no ethanol is what I use in my strikemaster

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version