Author Topic: Winter Boots  (Read 978 times)

Offline LJ84

• IceShanty Rookie
Winter Boots
« on: Oct 30, 2021, 03:29 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Gearing up while I can, and this is the year new boots are on the list.

I've been using a pair of 30 year old Bean "duck boots" that are so old they're still labeled Maine hunting shoe, but the grip has pretty much worn off the soles after all this time.

I've been looking into some variety of Sorels, Lacrosse, or Kamik so far, but any specific recommendations? Can these types of boots get too hot? 

I don't mind spending money because I'll have them and cold feet are no fun, but I also feel like a lot of previously reputable brands became "fashion" boots and lowered quality too...just trying to buy quality product that works and will last.

Thanks!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Winter Boots
« Reply #1 on: Oct 30, 2021, 05:22 PM »
This is a new thread/topic ..keep and eye on it . You could also do a search for a particular make boot you are interested in ..and sift through the past discussions.

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=385164.msg4194280;topicseen#new
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline blacknoise

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2021, 02:47 PM »
I've got a pair of Baffin steel toes that are the warmest boot i've ever worn, as well as the most comfortable. I also picked up a pair of Alphaburly Pro's from LaCrosse last year, and i'm quite impressed with them, i got the ones with 1600g of insulation, and with a pair of good wool socks, my feet stay warm all day long.

Offline bullpine

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2021, 07:01 AM »
Baffins 2X

Offline PikeKing23

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Go Big or Go Home!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2021, 07:24 AM »
Baffin Titans

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum