Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Augers

Ice auger torque

(1/2) > >>

Esox fisherman:
My electric auger has a lot of torque and was wondering if anyone had some advice so I don’t end up destroying my knees and back

hardwater diehard:
I believe you have the Clam auger(discontinued) ..how tall is the auger? If its short ..get an extension . What type of blades(flat,curved) ? Are they sharp ? The torque you are feeling may be the auger grabbing some ..sharp/new blades will help ...also does the auger have break through ring ? Lazer style augers can and will grab at the end .

Esox fisherman:

--- Quote from: hardwater diehard on Oct 04, 2021, 08:39 AM ---I believe you have the Clam auger(discontinued) ..how tall is the auger? If its short ..get an extension . What type of blades(flat,curved) ? Are they sharp ? The torque you are feeling may be the auger grabbing some ..sharp/new blades will help ...also does the auger have break through ring ? Lazer style augers can and will grab at the end .

--- End quote ---

Blades are flat and sharp it’s not short it’s 38”

hardwater diehard:
Not sure how you are hurting your knees ..I can see wrist..elbow..shoulder injuries.. unless your footing is slipping ..and/or your locking your knees ..some good Kahtoola style cleats should fix the footing issues ..and bend them knees .

Esox fisherman:

--- Quote from: hardwater diehard on Oct 04, 2021, 12:21 PM ---Not sure how you are hurting your knees ..I can see wrist..elbow..shoulder injuries.. unless your footing is slipping ..and/or your locking your knees ..some good Kahtoola style cleats should fix the footing issues ..and bend them knees .

--- End quote ---
Ok thank you
My knees would hurt right as the kick from the auger as it gets through the ice

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version