Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Augers

How many batteries

(1/2) > >>

TRT:
Ok quickly closing in on a Milwaukee 20v xr with an 8ah battery, $249 looks like a nice deal.
Question how many batteries does one need? Can I get by with one battery?
I typically fish  perch with 6 inch hole and then on doubling the holes when fishing lakers (2 side by side holes).
I head south in mid Feb avoiding the deep ice we occasionally get. A foot of early ice is common.
Thoughts?

DR.SPECKLER:
One battery will be enough.i use a rigid with 9ah in up to a ft with a 8" auger and dont even use one bar on the battery.drilling 20ish holes.

hardwater diehard:

--- Quote from: TRT on Aug 26, 2021, 07:22 AM ---Ok quickly closing in on a Milwaukee 20v xr with an 8ah battery, $249 looks like a nice deal.
I typically fish  perch with 6 inch hole and then on doubling the holes when fishing lakers (2 side by side holes).
I head south in mid Feb avoiding the deep ice we occasionally get. A foot of early ice is common.
Thoughts?

--- End quote ---

The model numbers for Milwaukee that are battle tested are the 2803 and the 2804 both with 1200 in/lbs of torque .. but if you are going to be sticking with a 6 inch auger drill unit the below model 2902-22 will work as well.. it delivers 725 in LBS of torque..use code 276664   for 20 bucks off...this code should work for all below listed deals ...as of the writing of this post these prices are the best deal w/coupon. for my money the 2803-22 would be my bet ..just incase there will be an upgrade to an 8 inch auger drill unit. Dont forget Milwaukee make a ton of drills that are brushed ...not good for cordless drill set ups ..so the Model numbers matter

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200725803_200725803

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200715453_200715453

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200712404_200712404

Junkie4Ice:
Depends how many holes you drill. I bring 29ah worth of batteries (three 8ah and 1 5ah) with me. Generally I only go through 1-2 batteries in a morning, but on an all day grind I'll use up all 29ah. I drill a lot of holes though, I rarely start fishing before 20 or so holes are drilled if I'm familiar with the lake. I'm usually drilling through 16-24" of ice by January though too. If you fish out of a shack, one 8ah battery should be good.

hardwater diehard:

--- Quote from: TRT on Aug 26, 2021, 07:22 AM ---Ok quickly closing in on a Milwaukee 20v xr with an 8ah battery, $249 looks like a nice deal.
Thoughts?

--- End quote ---

Milwaukee dosent make an XR drill...Dewalt makes an XR  ...do you have a link ..MODEL NUMBERS MATTER

These are the makes/models that have been battle tested and meet the specifications

Dewalt DCD991

Dewalt DCD996

Dewalt DCD997

Dewalt DCD998 must use 6ah or better Flexvolt battery to achieve the higher advertised torque

Dewalt DCD999 must use 6ah or better Flexvolt battery to achieve the higher advertised torque

Milwaukee 2804-20

Milwaukee 2803-20

Spec for the proper drill

18V or Higher Brushless Drill

5 Amp Hour or Higher Battery

1/2 Chuck Type

Side Stabilizer /  Handle

Minimum Torque Rating of 84 Nm / 750 in. lbs/800 UWO

DRILL SETTING ....DRILL MODE.. Speed Setting 1  NO HAMMEER MODE !!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version