The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Ridgid battery  (Read 3587 times)

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Ridgid battery
« Reply #30 on: Jan 05, 2022, 12:25 PM »
Well the thread started out a guy looking for a 9ah octane battery so all the bickering about drill brands is a tad moot.

3 months ago, hopefully he isnt too upset about the hijack.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline kasilofchrisn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Jan 05, 2022, 12:29 PM »
Yeah I wish I knew where to find another 9 ah Rigid battery might buy one myself.
Some of my friends who do a lot of carpentry work use nothing but the rigid tools.
Don't know exactly why that is but they tell me they're very happy with them.
I mostly have Ryobi tools in my house.
This is for a couple of reasons.
Number one there is a home Depot close to me that sells them so picking up batteries or tools and accessories is not a big issue.
But also because Ryobi has stated that they will not change their battery design.
This means that even if the batteries internals change I will still be able to use my current tools with any new next generation Ryobi batteries.
I'm sure some of you guys that are big fans of DeWalt were left with a pile of useless tools once your old nicad batteries were no longer accepting a charge.
Then you've got to replace all of those while also replacing the batteries and chargers.
With technology changing so fast it's nice to find a company that isn't going to constantly screw people over every time battery technology changes and they revamp the whole lineup.
I will admit most Riley tools are not contractor grade but that's not what I do for a living anyway.
I'm just a professional homeowner.lol
KasilofChrisN
"I listen to the voices in my tackle box"

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Jan 05, 2022, 01:29 PM »
Won't do much digging because I don't own a rigid drill but there's lots of adapters out there. Gotta imagine someone is making Milwaukee to rigid adapters.

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 10, 2022, 11:26 AM »
I have used a Rigid drill for 2 ice seasons now.  No problems at all.   It came with two 3 amp battery's and I was going to get a bigger battery, but don't see the need.  I usually drill less the 15 holes a trip ang get 60 or 70 holes with a 3 amp battery.  Our ice here is seldom over a foot or 18".  So far this season I have over 50 holes with 2 bars left on the first battery.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #34 on: Jan 10, 2022, 12:38 PM »
kevs, yes i bought the drill for ice mostly. and my first ridgid buy(i used others before in the trade)  my old drill was on the way out and not enough anyhow.  the warranty and sheer drill power(1300"#?), 9ah batt, and charger for buck80 with tax.  been thinking of relacing my old sawsall with a ridgid but rethinking now. odd moves from the company so im uneasy about its future.  no regrets on buying it.  it will send an old 8" jiffy into my clay yard no problem. i put mater plants in with it every year.  i run a 6 on it for ice.
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.