The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Ice auger mounts for ice shack  (Read 1780 times)

Offline joesp

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice auger mounts for ice shack
« on: Jul 19, 2021, 06:50 AM »
I am looking for idea on how to mount my electric auger to my ice shack when I pull it out by hand. I have a fish trap pro. I thought about making some bracket off the back of the seat. Looking for photos of people's ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Offline dsupercat

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ice auger mounts for ice shack
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2021, 12:29 PM »
I do not have a picture but I mounted 3 of these https://www.walmart.com/ip/VFG1-V-Grip-Single-Rider-Gun-Bow-Tool-Rack-GUN-GunBowTool-FlexGrip-ATV-Replacement-fits-Rack-RACK-VGrip-SNUBBERS-TEK-SNUB1-Pair-By-Tek/807351802
I mounted them to the two aluminum bars that the seat mounts too.  I had my cover modified so there was a hole where these stuck threw.   2 on one end to hold the head of the auger 1 on the other to hold bit.  If I find a picture I will upload it.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Ice auger mounts for ice shack
« Reply #2 on: Jul 20, 2021, 02:00 PM »
My set up is on a Clam Plate ...as long as I am pulling by hand I just let most of the auger flight stick out the back ..as long as the terrain isnt horrible where can it go . If dragging in deeper snow a Smitty Sled is the way to go ...make it a little wider to accommodate the auger on one side. I also tote a Jet Sled at times ..I place lighter items in it as well as my auger . I like my flip over empty when fishing/hole hopping ...so the jet sled is a mini base camp . I made a bunch of chain extensions which work just fine for several seasons now...add some eyebolts.

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.