Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing With Electronics

Summit ice pole for garmin pa

(1/2) > >>

Extcat:
Is this a big upgrade to the garmin?

Fisherman 1:
Are you serious, that amount of money for what is essentially a 4 foot broom handle.  Make your own from an extendable snow brush.

Skywagon:

--- Quote from: Extcat on Jun 28, 2021, 10:31 AM ---Is this a big upgrade to the garmin?

--- End quote ---

I started out the beginning of the 2018-2019 ice season with Livescope, the Garmin pole system was a pain, so I made one out of a paint pole.  This pole was cumbersome in it's own way, not much better than standard equipment, so after reading about the Summit pole, I purchased one and have used it for 2 seasons with no complaints.  The Summit is a huge improvement over the Garmin pole, or any home made pole that I have seen, it is compact, but sturdy, it folds up quickly and fits in my soft ice rod case, not taking much more space than a fishing pole. I would buy another Summit in a flash if I needed a pole, money well spent in my opinion.

Extcat:
Thanks Skywagon.

jrjach75:
Not sure how he compares price wise, but I have a buddy who 3D prints parts out and makes these poles. Must be an improvement over the Garmin stuff because he has a pretty steady steam of them going out either through the mail or to the local sporting goods shop. I’d think if you search around you can find several sources on poles.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version