Vermont > Ice Fishing Vermont

Onto next year!!!

(1/2) > >>

LittleFishin:
As the ice melts I cant help but wonder.... What type of leader material do I wanna buy for next year? Fishing pike, looking for reccomendation on steel leader building. Currently using 30#AFW blood red wire with size 3 barrel sleeves.

Any of you guys/gals have reccomendations on good flexible STEEL leader material, thin diameter preffered; with sleeve sizes that match up?

Much appreciated.

Jschumacher:
I use the AFW Blood Red and I also use Toothy Critter wire leader made by Cortland I think. Expensive but very thin and strong. It is a tieable wire but I crimp all mine.

EyERipLip:
Rio bite wire is my personal favorite. A little more $ than afv but less diameter per lb test and more supple to tie with.

hardwaterhonkey:
Use floro

LittleFishin:
Thanks for the replies, ive seen the toothy stuff you can tie but havent tried it yet. Never heard of the Rio but am going to get some of both because they both sound more flexible than the AFW I'm using now. Wont go floro, not that it cant work. It would get all knicked up and abraised to quickly for my liking. The Rio stuff is pretty pricey but ultimately I am looking for more flexibility than the 1x7 strand im currently using.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version