New Hampshire > Ice Fishing New Hampshire

Nice pike this morning

(1/8) > >>

Nosaj:

We set up at 3AM for a pike walleye combo.  No eyes but Hawkeye did catch this 16.5# 37" fatty.

When we got to the flag there wasn't much of the 100yds still on the spool.  When I saw which flag was up I was optimistic because that was the one with a dead 9" golden on it.  No bait trip there!

It took 18 min. To get her in.  Some times she would pull like a big log, some times she would fight and shake and some times she would reverse direction and sprint towards the hole.

The shaking and sprinting towards the hole were probably due to another one grabbing ahold of her just in front of her tail.  You can see the marks and blood in this picture.

We made sure she was rested and ready to swim before we sent her back down with that big load of eggs.

zwiggles:
That is an awesome report! Nicely done!

ActiveTrapChecker:
Great fish, congrats on the successful trip!

Arctic Addict:
Great job Nosaj!  Hawkeye will remember that one for a life time.  You should send that pic and a description of the adventure to the Hawkeye Newspaper.  I'm sure they would publish the story.  Great job teaching the younger generation what being a sportsmen is all about!

Nosaj:
I was thinking about that.

This was Hawkeye's first pike, Meatandmetal gave him the name.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version