Michigan > Ice Fishing Michigan

Gull Lake 2021

(1/28) > >>

smeltbuster:
 Hey everyone,time to fire up this thread! 1st. up, as of today,south bay is locked up & has been for a few days. 2nd. bay is about 2/3 locked up. Plan to check the ice tomorrow. There were a couple of guys that got on this past Sat.,but said that it was very sketchy. The rest of the lake is wide open. Hoping for some decent Smelt fishing this year. Marked quite a few big clouds of baitfish (Smelt?) this summer. Will keeep ya posted on what I find.

fishin4smelt:
Looking forward to your posts Smeltbuster. We were only able to get out twice on the North end of the main lake last year. Hoping the ice develops earlier and stays later this year. Good luck & tight lines...

smeltbuster:

--- Quote from: fishin4smelt on Jan 05, 2021, 06:03 PM ---Looking forward to your posts Smeltbuster. We were only able to get out twice on the North end of the main lake last year. Hoping the ice develops earlier and stays later this year. Good luck & tight lines...

--- End quote ---
Glad to see your still around ! Smelt jr. & me were wondering about you 2 days ago ! Hoping to meet up w/ ya soon !

Fish Killa:
Love the Gull Lake thread. Saw the guys on the camera. The western 1/2 of the south bay was open water a few days prior so keep that in mind once it is safe. Ice conditions vary greatly on first ice pretty much every lake you encounter. I've had good years and bad years in the bay with pannies on first ice. Don't get into the smelt much anymore except to catch Laker and pike bait.

Wgorby:
Oh yeah!!  Here we go....green light army!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version