Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Augers

drill for auger

<< < (12/12)

hardwater diehard:

--- Quote from: TRT on Aug 26, 2021, 07:16 AM ---Great, thank you, yes the drill being convertible has the adapter built in. The plate prevents it from slipping off, should be all good.

--- End quote ---

Are you a battery platform already ? Dewalt...Milwaukee.. other ?? If so you may be able to get a bare tool and be race ready .

FishDoktor:

--- Quote from: Yotecatcher on Dec 26, 2020, 07:10 AM ---I use a Ryboi hammer drill and driver 18v Lithium+ and it's drilled many holes. This'll be my third yr with it. It's attached to a Mora 6inch augar with sharp blades. Just my two cents.

--- End quote ---

I too used a Ryobi Hammer drill (600 in lb) and the 18V 9 ah Lithium last year with no problems. 6" Lazer on a Clam plate. Drills great even up to 20+" of ice. As long as you have good blades like you mentioned and match up the diameter to the in/lb of torque there should not be a problem. 100 in/lb per inch of diameter. If someone is running an 8" or 10" on something with less torque than yeah it will have problems (I've seen this quite a bit on the ice). I already had Ryobi stuff and batteries for home use so I wasn't about to spend money on a different brand just for one purpose essentially.

badbrad2186:

--- Quote from: FishDoktor on Sep 28, 2021, 10:43 AM ---I too used a Ryobi Hammer drill (600 in lb) and the 18V 9 ah Lithium last year with no problems. 6" Lazer on a Clam plate. Drills great even up to 20+" of ice. As long as you have good blades like you mentioned and match up the diameter to the in/lb of torque there should not be a problem. 100 in/lb per inch of diameter. If someone is running an 8" or 10" on something with less torque than yeah it will have problems (I've seen this quite a bit on the ice). I already had Ryobi stuff and batteries for home use so I wasn't about to spend money on a different brand just for one purpose essentially.

--- End quote ---

You may get. Away with it for a while but your will burn those plastic pieces up in that drill.

hardwater diehard:

--- Quote from: FishDoktor on Sep 28, 2021, 10:43 AM ---I too used a Ryobi Hammer drill (600 in lb) and the 18V 9 ah Lithium last year with no problems. 6" Lazer on a Clam plate. Drills great even up to 20+" of ice. As long as you have good blades like you mentioned and match up the diameter to the in/lb of torque there should not be a problem. 100 in/lb per inch of diameter. If someone is running an 8" or 10" on something with less torque than yeah it will have problems (I've seen this quite a bit on the ice). I already had Ryobi stuff and batteries for home use so I wasn't about to spend money on a different brand just for one purpose essentially.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: badbrad2186 on Sep 28, 2021, 12:31 PM ---You may get. Away with it for a while but your will burn those plastic pieces up in that drill.

--- End quote ---

this would be in my Home Depot cart waiting for a price change/ sale ..there may be  a buy more save more deal going on ..but not showing up in the cart
https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-ONE-HP-18V-Brushless-Cordless-1-2-in-Hammer-Drill-Tool-Only-PBLHM101B/314109445

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-ONE-18V-Lithium-Ion-6-0-Ah-LITHIUM-HP-High-Capacity-Battery-P193/301913870

JIGMAN21:
I like my Milwaukee 18 with a 6 inch nils  get the disc that prevents loss of cutting head  good luck on the ice

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version