Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Equipment

4.5 Inch auger for perch?

<< < (2/4) > >>

filetandrelease:

--- Quote from: DR.SPECKLER on Nov 26, 2020, 09:32 AM ---If the lake being fished is predominantly all perch a 4” auger rocks.easy to hand crank and good for punching alot of hole without fatigue.
[/quote)
 X2
--- End quote ---

Finnt:
I have a 5in. and a 7in lazer on a cordless drill the 5 is for pannies  the 7 is for tipup fishing. That size hole will be fine no matter how cold for perch. You can run and gun all day with that auger.welcome to the site

Muggsy:
If you are going to be using any electronics, I foresee tangles galore in that size hole. Might drill another hole beside it for your transducer to make things easier. Just a thought.

FOM333:
Wow, thank you all for the warm welcome! And of course thanks for all the input! I think I'll grab a 4.5 inch. Chances of me hooking a pike in the waters I'll be fishing are low enough that I'm willing to take my chances for the energy I'll be saving. Thanks again everyone and good luck on the ice!

jrjach75:
I ran a 5" for a long time, still have it for early ice or when in packing light. No problems with pulling panfish through, including jumbo perch, just have to usually pull the transducer, or drill a second hole if you're in deep enough water

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version