Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Augers

Tanaka/Nils auger power issue

(1/4) > >>

shawno:
Hey Everyone,

Looking for some advice on a problem I’m having with my auger. I am running Aspen 4-Stroke fuel with Amsoil Saber synthetic oil (90:1).  In the warm garage, engine runs like a champ. Lots of power and no problem hitting the high gear, but when I take it out to the lake, it idles and starts fine and will continue to idle, but has no power to cut a hole. I let it warm up and it stays idling, but as soon as you go to cut it completely bogs down and dies.  Then fires up on the first pull and idles, but again no power and on and on.  I’m guessing i need to tweak the high idle screw????  Thoughts or suggestions???

Thanks!

Sharp Nils:
   Go back to 87 octane mixed 90:1 Amsoil Saber and see if your problem disappears.
 If you still have a problem I would suspect the metering lever is set to low and not allowing enough fuel into the carb.

shawno:
Thanks Frank for the suggestions. I’ll give it a try here in the next day or two and report back in case someone else is having a similar issue.

BlueDevil:
I run my Tanaka 270 and 350 powerheads with Aspen4 and 100:1 AmsOil Saber and SeaFoam.  When you start it at home and run WOT it works fine?  It’s just when you are on the ice and try WOT under load it bogs down and dies?

shawno:
Hey BlueDevil,

Yeah, strangest thing. I had it at home and fired it up the night before with some new Aspen + Amsoil Sabre and ran great. Took it out to Blackstrap the next day. Was cold out, but not crazy and it was all I could do to drill a few holes. On WOT outside it just completely bogged down and had zero power to turn the blade. As soon as it was underload and cutting, it would just die. I had to feather it so to speak in order to cut holes.

BTW, the engine lock was off if anyone was thinking that ;p

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version