Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Augers

Jiffy Auger Help!

(1/2) > >>

WVBoy:
My friend and I have been using an older model jiffy auger, all I know is that it is 8in. Recently, something terribly wrong is going on and the engine runs absolutely fine but the blade stopped turning. It does not end there, we had another jiffy loaned to us and only a couple of years old and on the last hole the same thing began to happen. Is it a bearing or clutch and how do you fix it, and is there a way to prevent this. eg. drilling technique? Thanks for any suggestions

bushbunny:
Does the auger turn when you rev it and it is not under load?        

WVBoy:
It barely turns when reved up and as soon as pressure is applied it quits turning. We have been drilling 28in of ice here in vermont. Im new to hardwater fishin so I do not know too much.

bushbunny:
The clutch is probably screwed.  Either take it to your dealer and have him do the work, or tear it apart yourself and learn how to do it yourself.  Take it apart, check it out, and repair it yourself.  It is a learning experience.  Go on the inet and find the the manual and fix it yourself..It is really hard to screw up.

1_Pappy:
Could be the set screw that holds the blade shaft to the crankshaft could be loose or stripped.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version