Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Augers

AUGER DRILL??

(1/1)

ICEBUG:
Because I am new at ice fishing ---will the drill of a two piece hand auger fit on a power auger head?or are the drill bases of a power auger and the hand auger built different?
Icebug

LoneWolf:
The only hand auger that can be converted to a power auger and back (that I know of) is the Nils Master. It literally takes two minutes to convert to hand or power. You would have to make a collar to connect the powerhead to the hand auger. Usually the drill bases of hand augers are made lighter duty than those made for power augers.

ICEBUG:
 I saw a power post hole auger head at a home supply store yesterday that looked identical to the power ice augers and was wondering if one could be attached to an hand auger drill.
Thanks for the info.

redsford95:
You can with a little fabing I am in the process of finding a lazre hand auger to replace my chipper I have.  As fas as pipe strength. The hand auger will not be that lighter it takes the same pressure as a gas auger to go threw the ice ;)
Red

ICEBUG:
I did more research on the net last night, and found this site that answers questions about augers(Jiffy brand,anyway).
www.jiffy-on-ice.com/faq.htm
Icebug

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version