Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Augers

Eskimo gas auger

(1/3) > >>

Mark Barlow:
I'm thinking of buying an Eskimo gas auger with an 8 inch drill and would like some feedback and to what is better the 2 hp or 3 hp.

fishinnutinwis:
i have to recommend a JIFFY--mines 16 yrs and still going

uncle_Ern:
I have an Eskimo 3hp. with a nine inch auger (for all the big pike here in Northern NY). I've had it for about 15yrs. and it was used when I  got it. Except for messing up the auger when I hit a rock in shallow water it has never let me down.

OZZY:
Mark,
          It all depends on what your fishing for and how many holes you are going to drill everytime out. I went for the big 3hp eskimo with the 10in. bit and weighs 45lbs, then last year i bought the 2hp lazer with 7 and a half inch bit and weighs 21lbs. I thought bigger was better at first but not anymore,lugging that big eskimo around got old quick. The only time I use it anymore is when I know for a fact I'm fishing strictly for big pike and not running around jigging. Basically they all get through the ice just depends on how much fatigue you really want at the end of the day. I would stay with the lighter ones, good luck to you
                            Tight lines  :'(

waterbeater:
I've got an eskimo 3 HP "earthquake" model. It comes with an ice and an earth auger. It's a little cold blooded but once it gets warmed up, I'd match it up with about any auger I've been around. One thing if your looking for something light don't go with the 3 HP. Hope this helps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version