Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Augers

Pros & Cons of Strikemaster Mag 2000

<< < (2/2)

Barleydog:
Pros- Light, Light, Light, cuts through thick ice with extention with little problem, decent price, doesn't "ice up" like my stinkin' Jiffy, easy to sharpen chipper blade, easy operation, did I mention light wieght?

Cons- Won't "finish" the hole without jerkin' you around a little, goes a little slower than my Jiffy, but if 10 seconds is a big deal to ya, you may want to pick up a different sport! ;D

Great unit worth 215.00 and change, and for that many inches of ice, you'll love it!  Good luck

ronwhtgmc:
I'm also looking for a power auger...where can you get a new 2000 for 219 if you don't mind me asking?

bushbunny:
ronwhtgmc, look at a Nils Master, Tanaka or a Husqvarna.  They are all lighter than any of the augers that use Tecumseh engines.  However, they are pricier, so I guess that the law of diminishing returns comes into play, in that how much more is a person willing to pay for less weight.  I know that both the Tanaka and Husky engines are more reliable, both from my own experience, and from others that I fish with.  Try them out if you have a dealer near you.  They usually don't have a problem with it, at least they don't up here.  At this time of year, they may sell them for a decent discount, rather than carry them over until next fall.

bud:
i love mine!  never used another brand though, but its much better than an old hand auger...lol.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version