Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Equipment

Digital Cameras For Ice Fishing

<< < (2/3) > >>

bido:
i bought some cheap e-vision 123 dig cam   it was like 99 bucks works good but in cold weather batts die fast!!!!!

BushMaster:
I suggest you do a little research on features you want. For me, I wanted good quality and ease of use. I snagged a Canon A20 it cost about $400. Comes with an interface cable and software. The software is easy to use and you can do some cool stuff with your images. The camera is one thing, you need to make sure the software is user freindly.

Good Luck, hope to see you with pics of some real hogs soon..

Hoppes:
IceShanty had a good suggestion, www.steves-digicams.com is one of the best sites for camera reviews on the net.   Digital cameras are great for sportmen, I have a high end camera, bought two for gifts this christmas.  Casio has a new 2 mega pixel (great pictures 8 x 10 and vastly more than enough for postings) that is credit card size and about 3/8" thick.  Unbelievably small!  I always have my camera with me and have taken some great pictures of people catching "lunkers".  They are always extremely grateful for an e-mailed picture of themselves with the trophy.  A great digital camera is inexpensive today.  Canon makes some great inexpensive models, I like Olympus models....3x optical zoom is a good feature allowing easy composition of your subject.  Steve's digicams has a nice, "what to look for" section for new digital camera users.  Good luck and looking forward to seeing some of your future pics!  Hoppes

Norman Schrader:
Stephen,
I have used a Polaroid Funflash 640 for the last year and it has done well for me, although it is no longer available.  I have seen similar cameras on the market for $50-100.  It has a resolution of 640 X 480 which is nice for internet or E-mail because it doesn't create huge file size for photos.
There was a discussion on the General Forum last year that had a lot of good info ( currently it's on page 12).

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Norm

RSQCAL:
I just recently purchased a Sony FD-75 Mavicas. Sony no longer makes this model but they can still be found. This camera is great for use on e-mails and downloads to your computer. It also has a 10x optical zoom. I especially like that it uses a floppy disk instead of a memory card. It is also nice that you don't need any special software to view your photos so it can be done from any computer. I found a great site to get yourself up to par on exactly what your looking for. It is www.shortcourses.com
It has info on camera's, styles of shooting, ect. There are little articles (courses) on just about anything you could think of to do with digital photography/cameras.  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version