Canada > Ice Fishing Ontario

Vexilar FL-8SE Good enough for my purposes?

(1/2) > >>

Icepuppy:
I bought a Vexilar FL-8SE yesterday.  I fish only for lakers and whitefish in deep water.  I know the FL-18 and Marcum LX-3 etc. have zoom, the guy at the shop said the zoom is nice for whities since they are so low to the bottom they show as bumps on most finders/flashers.  Will the fl-8 be good enough or should I return it and go for the fl-18?   ???

swantucky:
IMO I would get the 18.  I have the 8 and wish I would have spent the extra cash on to 18.  It works good around here in Ohio/Michigan but when I fish Canda in the deep water it does not work that well.  A buddy just dropped his 18 off for me to charge and try out so I will do a side by side comparison if we ever get ice around here. Hope this helps.

utes:
I know the 18 has the zoom and that it helps in shallow water but i've got the fl8 and it works just fine in deep water. I fish 30-50 all the time and have no problem picking up fish whether on bottom or up further. As long as they are in the wave pattern of the transducer.  Although I am gonna sell mine on ebay next year because i like the zoom feature for the shallow fishing and double screen. Utes

Robb:
Trust me I bought an FL-8 last season and it works good, but I bought an FL-18 this season and it is worth the extra $$$!! I kept the 8 for my son.

Robb :tipup:

Grimace:
I love my 18

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version