Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Equipment

small bastcast reel

(1/2) > >>

ohiowoody:
i tried this topic in the equipment forum. got no response. looking for a GOOD small
baitcasting style reel.  need something better than uncle buck or shakespeare.

Caroga Kid:
There's been a few small bait casting reels on e-bay.. the usually go for 7 bucks.. I think their ht/tech I've never tried them so dunno how they work.. :-\

Hookset:
I have been fishing with baitcasters for about 8 years, and honestly, I don't think I have ever seen a 'small' reel.  Not even in all of the catalogs that I receive.  It appears that the vast majority of the barstock reels are the same relative size.  I will definitlely pull out a bunch of catalogs and take a look.  Tight lines.

majormaj:
I found a Quantum Lite QL1000 baitcast reel at a garage sale a couple of years ago.  It is smaller than a typical BC and works great on my ice rods.  The trouble is that I can't find them now.  I have looked around the internet a little and can't seem to find the same model anywhere.  If you find some let me know. 

Caroga Kid:
Here's a link to a mini baitcast reel that is up for auction... They look pretty good...

http://cgi.ebay.com/MINI-BAITCAST-ICE-FISHING-CRAPPIE-REEL-REELS-NEW_W0QQitemZ7200082136QQcategoryZ36146QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version