Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607570 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #23250 on: Apr 22, 2021, 07:11 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....safe travels and best wishes to MrsH2 tomorrow  :)

IF45....hope your appointment goes well today  ;)

IW.....we got a couple inches of snow also  ::)

Spitz.....enjoy your weekend  :thumbsup:

Eddie.....did you get to see your Mom this week  ???

MrC.....this area just had a group of kids attend a dance competition, something like 300 people quarantined from it and at least 1 school back to remote learning for a bit  :wacko: :nono: 

WS.....hope those "not 18 anymore" joints and muscles are all healed up from the wood hauling/stacking marathon  :woot:

Very depressing, tho not surprising, to get up to a couple inches of snow this morning  :(  another cold day/night then warming up to 50s/60s over the weekend and 70s/80 by midweek  :blink:  now I know how IFF feels with his roller coaster weather  ;D

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Morning Eddie....

I did get my "baby" covered, would hate to see the buds get killed off  :'(

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23251 on: Apr 22, 2021, 02:02 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

Looking for 60 today with rain moving in tomorrow morning.

IW.... Hope you are having a good visit with the company :thumbsup:

h2l.... Hope everything goes well for your wife tomorrow

Eddie.... Pulled pork sounds pretty good :thumbsup: I heard rumors of Hamburger helper here tonight ???

WW.... May the snow be melting at the day goes on. I agree, not sure how Bud puts up with the roller coaster weather patterns.

Not a lot going on here today. I got a walk in this morning and then started raking and picking up sticks until the rake broke. I took that as a sign to quit.

Hope everyone in having a good Thursday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep heathy.

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23252 on: Apr 22, 2021, 08:41 PM »
Took a quick run out to the cabin tonight to see if I'll be able to haul my last lift of paneling.
I was worried about the top of my hill and the area around the cabin but it's in really good shape.
The trail is rough but solid and the road is beauty!!!! Even the access that was all rutted and water is now pretty smooth and nice and solid. It was windy and cold out there. 16F but only 1F with the wind chill.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #23253 on: Apr 22, 2021, 09:29 PM »
Good evening windy day here looking at the posts of 9:45 regulars who live in upstate NY. guess I was fortunate to only have the quick thunder storm yesterday. I hope no one lost any emerging plants/flowers to the snow.
Ice Wanderer good to hear your visitors arrived safely. I have no idea if the family of someone who died form Covid after getting it from a person who knew they were infected and did not quarantine can sue that person  but I'm sure someone will try to get some for of compensation .
SpitzoMT nice that you do not have to work OT this week.
Hunt2long may you have a safe trip tomorrow and your wife receive goood reports from her doctors.
Eddie I hope you can speak with someone on the phone and resolve the unemployment issues. Enjoy the pulled pork. I also question some people's thoughts about Covid -19. The students are high school students so I wonder what there parents thoughts were in letting the  the two who knew they had  been in contact with a person infected with the virus and told to quarantine make the trip.
Wallyworld your post on the dance competition leaves me asking what were they thinking and what guidelines were ignored in holding the event. I hope you magnola tree survived the snow and low temperature and blooms in coming weeks.
Whopper Stopper think you could use a day of relaxation after all the fire wood hauling and stacking.
Drifter-016 glad things are looking good for this weekend may you have no problems getting the remaining paneling to your cabin. Guessing sometime in May you will start to see  Spring weather.

A good night to everyone.
  Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #23254 on: Apr 23, 2021, 04:51 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                       It's 29* clear and calm. here on my hill. ::)
                       Dave.........I;m glad the road and your hill tightened up so you can get the rest of your paneling out to the cabin. :thumbsup: :clap: :flex:
                       Eddie........How did the pulled pork turn out? ???
                       H2l...........I hope yopu and your wife have a safe trip to NYC and there is a good report from the Doc's. :flex:
                       Marv.........Yeah, when the rake breaks it's time to relax and have a rum and coke. :roflmao: :thumbsup:
                       Wally.........This roller coaster weather has everything baffled, I hope your Magnolia tree didn't get frost bite. :unsure:
                       Spitzo........I guess your bosses feel that things are caught up and no overtime is needed. :flex:
                       Steve........I know our governor is opening things up but not to the extent of that kind of event. :unsure:
                       Not much went on yesterday, we did play some card games, today might be a little different since it's supposed to be a better day.
                       I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23255 on: Apr 23, 2021, 05:13 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

51 with some rain

Dave.... Glad it's "all systems go!!".

IW.... Sounds like a nice relaxing day yesterday, enjoy today :thumbsup:

Eddie.... Hope yesterday brought success at the unemployment office.

WW..... Did the snow stop and melt start?

I am heading to pick up a tree order in a little while. I had place an order for 50 White Pines and they are in so today will be a planting day.

Hope you all have a good Friday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23256 on: Apr 23, 2021, 06:13 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....sounds like a busy day ahead, I'll say no more  :flex: :nono: :whistle:

IW.....definitely nicer weather to get outside today, enjoy  :clap:

MrC.....another local school is reporting more covid cases resulting from the dance competition  ::)  they're going back to fully remote learning until May  :(

IF45.....hope your appointment went well  ;)

Eddie....looks like some fine fishing weather coming our way  :thumbsup:

After some crazy snow/wind with white out conditions in the morning, by late afternoon the sun came out and it pretty much all melted  :thumbsup: still breezy and cold this morning 28* but sunny  @)  keeping fingers crossed winter is now behind us  :whistle:

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #23257 on: Apr 23, 2021, 06:46 AM »
Good Morning Marv, Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Wind is still blowing pretty good, 15-25mph but no snow this am!  Clear and 34*, warming up to low 50’s today.

Marv...wow, that’s a gang of pines to plant...plenty to keep you busy today!  :thumbsup:  Didn’t get to speak to anyone again yesterday at UI, but did get a message off...hopefully hear something today.
  Jeff...the pulled pork turned out ok, not 5 stars lol, but it hit the spot!   ;D    Definitely a better day today weather wise, hope you can find something to do and enjoy the time with your guests today.  :thumbsup:
  H2...safe travels and best wishes for wife today!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...I haven’t heard anything either on personal lawsuits like you mentioned, but I’d be very surprised if there aren’t any out there already. Would assume the parents would be held accountable, as they knowingly allowed the children who are minors, to travel...but that’s just my thoughts. On the flip side, it’s difficult not to look at the thousands of illegal immigrant children/adults getting released all over our country who have also knowingly been exposed, and presumably will infect countless others also, as well as causing deaths...can’t help but wonder who those poor people would hold accountable for their losses? Truely a crazy world at the moment.  :cookoo:
  Dave...the ice road looks like it’s in great shape yet, awesome picture! Glad your trails are still holding, have a safe trip getting the rest of your paneling to the cabin Sir!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Wally... I had an appointment set up for today to visit my Mom, but passed that on to a family member. My daughter’s just got back from Mexico this past Sunday and even though I have both shots, thought it best to hold off for a few more days...better safe than sorry right?  Hope your tree and flowers that just came up survived this cold weather!   :thumbsup:  Snow is gone here now also, looking forward to that nice weather heading our way!!

Discovered a power steering hose is leaking on my truck yesterday, something I really don’t want to deal with...going to see if my mechanic can get a peak at it this morning. Other than that, not much on the planner today...although the wife has a list, lol.   Cawfee’s still on...
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23258 on: Apr 23, 2021, 06:52 AM »
You're right Eddie, definitely better to err on the side of caution  :thumbsup:  You don't want to take any unnecessary chances with this virus   :nono:

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23259 on: Apr 23, 2021, 01:11 PM »
Eddie
Good on you for holding off. Just last week we had a warning that there was an undiagnosed case on COVID in town.
They test the sewage regularly for COVID to pick up undiagnosed cases.

So here's the story. Mom, Dad and daughter had to go South to Alberta for a family emergency. Came back and self isolated as per the rules and had no symptoms so at the end of the isolation period went about their way.
Turns out Dad and Daughter were COVID positive with no symptoms. Mom was negative. Dad has had his first vaccine shot during the last week of March and still tested positive.

The reason they found out was because of the sewage testing. Chief medical officer told anyone that was isolating in Yellowknife between certain dates to get tested. Because they were unaware the daughters classmates were exposed, people at one of our restaurants and the gym were exposed. Hopefully no one else gets sick.

Not the family's fault. They did everything right but still exposed others to possible infection.

OH, and it's freaking chilly here today. Trying to get the ambition to load the trailer. 

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #23260 on: Apr 23, 2021, 09:15 PM »
 Good evening windy but otherwise nice day here believe i may see rain tomorrow or on Sunday.
Ice Wanderer hope you and your guests were able to get outside today and enjoy the beauty of the Adirondacks.
Eddie good call passing your visit onto another family member no reason to chance passing anything to your mom,other residents or staff at he facility. May your daughter not show any signs of infection and be negative if tested. I agree right now it seems our world is riding the proverbial crazy train.
Whopper Stopper hope you are not to sore after all the tree planting. Some crown royal and Cherry coke or Grandpa Ernie's favorite adult beverage should ease any aches and pains.
Wallyworld sad to hear more people wre infected at the dance competition and one school district has returned to virtual learning. may you and the rest of upstate NY. see some nicer weather in the days ahead.
Drifter_016 thank you for sharing the story I did not know they had tests to detect the presence of Covid-19 in sewage. Best to the family and all they may have unknowingly exposed to the virus. Have a nice weekend at your cabin.
Hunts2long may today's trip have been problem free and good news for your wife from her doctors.
IFF may you have heard from your sister about any arrangements for your BIL. Best to you with any traveling.
Capt.JIM if you are headed to NJ. safe travels on the trip.
SpitzoMT,Fish/hunt4ever have good weekends with your families.
Icefisher-45 may you and your wife be doing better have a good weekend.
OldSaior,Tomturkey best to both of you and your families.

Everyone keep following the Covid safety protocals as we can see from the posts here the virus is still active. Best to all fishing this weekend.
  Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #23261 on: Apr 24, 2021, 05:38 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        It's 38* and clear here on my hill with a slight breeze. ::)
                        Steve........Yesterday was a nice day, a little cool  and windy. I did a tree clean up for a neighbor ten when I got home, everyone was
               sitting around on their phone. So I said "let's go for a walk" they all looked at me like I had two heads. We did go for a walk, and everyone
               enjoyed getting out. :o
                       Eddie.........Smart move giving up your visit to someone else, this covid has a mind of it's own. :blink:
                       Dave..........I ran in to a friend that I worked with, environmental investigation, and they have been collecting sewage samples to test
               for covid since a year ago when it first started. :whistle:
                       Marv..........Did you get all the trees planted? ???
                       Wally.........I think more infections could rise from the foolishness of the school letting a dance go on. :unsure:
                       H2l...........I hope your wife's appointment went well. :thumbsup:
                      My wife's son and granddaughter leave sometime today, now that the weather is nice, they will be back in the summer.
                      I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy .

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23262 on: Apr 24, 2021, 05:43 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....hope the little trees got seated ok  :thumbsup: 

MrC.....another story in last night's news about how far this latest exposure is spreading, going from schools to families to workplaces, lots of uninvolved people forced to quarantine  :wacko:

Eddie.....fingers crossed your daughters stay covid free   ;)

IW.....hope MrsIW's son and granddaughter are enjoying their visit  :)

Strange thing, after getting a couple inches of snow with white out conditions Thursday by mid day yesterday I was on my Ferris mowing the lawn  :flex: guess that shows how dry the ground is around here to soak up all that moisture from the wet snow that fast  @)  of course the 20+ mph winds didn't hurt either  ;)2

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23263 on: Apr 24, 2021, 06:05 AM »
39* and sunny.
Thanks for all the "well wishes" on the trip. All is well. Gave her the OK to start doing more things, slowly. The drive wasn't bad, a little breezy on the way home. Starting to see even more people out and about.
WW, same around here, very dry.
Not much planned for today, be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23264 on: Apr 24, 2021, 06:46 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

41 with a rain/sleet coming through in an hour or so. The next few days are expected to be wet. The grass is growing.

For some reason I over slept this morning.

I was able to get all my trees planted, however I am heading to the s-i-l's  after some coffee to help her plant 25 pines and and a bundle of Juneberries.

I will catch up this afternoon.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #23265 on: Apr 24, 2021, 07:03 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  49* under fair skies this am, warming up to 62 today...going to be a nice day!

H2...good news seems to be in short supply lately, but that’s great news on your wife!! Best wishes continued!   :bow: :clap:
  Wally...Thank You!  Both daughters have tested negative, no signs or symptoms...hoping it stays on the track!   :thumbsup:  That’s ashame so many people are now affected, spreads like wild fire.   :cookoo:
  Jeff...glad you were able to coax everyone out for a walk and some fresh air, nice job!  Hope you all had a pleasant time together, safe travels to the family on their trip back home.   :thumbsup:
  Steve...Thank You! It’s looking like some rain here tomorrow as well, but some nice weather coming right behind it!   Safe travels to you if heading to NJ this weekend is in your plans.   :thumbsup:
  Dave...Thank You, and thanks for sharing the story about the family...hopefully that issue was caught fast enough to prevent an outbreak!  :thumbsup:  I wasn’t aware of sewage testing for the Covid either, very interesting, will look into that. Have a safe trip to the cabin this weekend, will be looking forward to your report!
  Marv...how did that small forest of pine trees go yesterday?   ;D   

Grandchildren came for the weekend last evening, at least there will be one nice day for some outside fun today...maybe a home run derby contest like Wally had on her last visit?   ;D  Heard mention of a kickball game as well...think I feel a Charlie horse coming on as I type, lol.
  Finally got some good news from UI yesterday, says I’m good to go with my claim...haven’t seen any $$ yet, hopefully that will change soon.   :tipup:
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing! 
  Morning Marv, see you posted as I was pecking away...hope you have a great day!   :thumbsup:

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23266 on: Apr 24, 2021, 07:38 AM »
34* start to the day. Guessed to warm up the middle of next week. The wife has an appointment with the hand surgeon on Tuesday next week. I will head over to the other place on Wednesday to do some turkey scouting for my  season that starts on May 1 and runs the rest of May.

IFF Prays to all with the loss of your brother in law. I wll be gong to a delayed memorial service for a friend that passed way last  December on May 2nd.

ww I know what you mean about being dry. We have had way below snow fall last winter. Plus we have not had enough rain to count this spring. I decided I needed to mow off  the dandylions in the front yard yesterday. I had to put the mover down as far as it would go as they were not that tall due to the lack of rain.  I blew a lot of dust doing it.

There is a segment on the walleye egg take at a dam a half hour from me on www.michiganoutofdoors .com  it is amazing the number of walleyes  they shocked to get the eggs and milt from. I used to buy some turkey calls from the fat guy in the turkey segment before he came out with his own brand of  calls. One of the calls I really liked that  came out of NY state. He told me the guy quit making them. I happened to have the guys phone number. The guy was not happy when I told him what Bully said. I ordered some calls from the guy.

Marv When we visited an old couple in the UP back in the late 70's, the guy was three years ahead on firewood. When he passed away he was still that far ahead. After having a couple of chimney fires his wife gave all of the wood to her minister.

No way can I plant pine trees any more as my back will not let me bend over that far any more.

Drifter What does one of those bunks of wood weight. I can see the KG's marked on the bunks but that it foreign to us down here. If remember right a KG is 2.2 lbs down here?

Hopefully you can read my post. I can not get the size of the text to increase. GRRRRRR!!!!

Modify

Eddie it is good to her that you might be finialy get your unemployment. It took Fox news to get a woman hers after almost a year here.

I forgot to add the bad news I got from my DIL last night. My son, the mentally challenged man he cares for and his dad all have covid. My son is not having to bad of issues but the mentally challenged  man has it seriously. Then she added that my granddaughter and husband also have it.Her husband brought it from work. then she  told me that my sons aunt also has it.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #23267 on: Apr 24, 2021, 11:27 AM »
Good day appears I was a day off on the weather will see rain tonight and tomorrow currently light wind and around seventy degrees outside and a few clouds in the sky. i took a quick look at my local newspaper and see that Amy's kitchen will be building a plant in my county after several years of negotiations . Good to know some more jobs will be added to the local economy.
Ice Wanderer good job helping your neighbor. Glad you could convince your wife and guests to take a walk and see some different sights.
Wallyworld  one has to wonder how many people are carriers of the virus and do not know it as they never develop any symptoms . I don't want to see a "wet" Spring but I believe much of NY. could use more rain .
Hunts2long happy to read you had a problem free trip and your wife received a good report from her doctors.
Whopper Stopper  glad you have all your pine trees planted .best to you today with the plantings at your SIL's home.
Eddie happy for you the unemployment issues are resolved may you see your first check before to long. Have a good weekend with the grandchildren take a look at Sportmans Guide's website they are having a sale on certain yard games. i think after seeing the pictures of the games you could build something similar with the help of your sons for the grandchildren and family to enjoy. good to hear your daughter's tested negative for the virus.
Tomturkey once you have clicked on the reply icon take a look at the page before doing any typing believe there is a feature that allows you to change font size here on Ice Shanty. May all go well for your wife at her appointment best to you with the turkey hunting. Good that the turkey calls you prefer are still in production.

Have a good Saturday keep safe and healthy. best to all fishing.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23268 on: Apr 24, 2021, 12:07 PM »
Funeral was Friday 11:00AM, and visitation was Thursday evening, made the 20 hr drive time and got to attend both, was a very nice service, with over 200 in attendance, it was obvious he will be dearly missed. Have nice visits with families and friends, everyone had nothing but great memories to share

Now at my  daughters home in Beloit, Wisconsin, and where next TBD.

Fairly well rested up now to get a coffee and ponder what next.  All I can say is being retired is taking on a good feeling

Dave, seems like the dang virus. like some winter weather just doesn't want to give up.  Hope all goes well with getting your materials on sight. :thumbsup:

take care all and enjoy your day.
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23269 on: Apr 24, 2021, 04:27 PM »
Well the wife has some eye surgery next week and took a cover test so quarantine until next Tuesday when we head down to the hotel to get ready so took the wife out to the lake today and caught another 12 walleye in 3 hours this time cloudy day but only seen a couple other walleye caught and talked to a coue other guys that did not catch anything will post pictures when I get them off the wife's phone. Have a good rest of the weekend.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23270 on: Apr 25, 2021, 05:36 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....glad you were able to attend the services and visit with family/friends  :clap:  safe travels as you continue on your journey  ;)2

FH4.....best wishes to MrsFH4 with her upcoming surgery  ;)

TT.....we're getting some rain here this morning  :thumbsup:  good luck with the birds this turkey season  :flex:  NYS's season is the same

Eddie.....hope those $$$$ start showing up sooner rather than later  ::)

H2L....good news for MrsH2  :thumbsup: getting the boat out this week  ???

WS....is the reforestation project complete now  ???

IW....hope #1 is continuing to recover w/o any problems  ;)

MrC....I saw that college dorms were testing sewage for covid when the schools reopened to help contain any breakout spots, not sure how well it worked out  :-\

Standing at my kitchen window yesterday morning I saw 2 fishers running around the edge of the woods, pretty cool sight  :thumbsup:  all of a sudden the 2 took off into the woods, then I saw something else move. Out walks a coyote right where the fishers had just been  >:(  he sniffs around for a bit then begins to head out when I noticed something looked different in the trees on the edge of the woods. Grabbed the binoculars, saw the fishers hadn't gone into the woods very far, the had just climbed a tree to get away from the coyote  :thumbsup: :clap: once the coyote had been gone for a few they climbed down and scampered off  :clap:  Not a bad start to my day getting to watch the show  ;)2

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23271 on: Apr 25, 2021, 06:09 AM »
45* and they say some light rain today.

Eddie, glad to hear that UI is moving in the right direction. Tell those kids to take it easy on you.

TT, thinking of your son and the family that has the Covid.

F/H4, early season for walleye has always been very "hit or miss". Glad you were able to get into them again. Same location? Good luck to the wife.

WW, I have seen quite a few fishers but I don't re-call ever seeing one in a tree. That had to be cool to watch.

Lindsay and Rocky came up yesterday afternoon, we grilled burgers, mac salad and baked beans.

Have good day a be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #23272 on: Apr 25, 2021, 07:52 AM »
Good Morning, Gang

Cloudy, looks like haze from fires from the west, supposed to be nice for the next few days

T.T. - Hope the crew with the Covid can over come the sickness

I.F.F. - Hope the weather stays nice for your future travels

Getting ready to head out the door and travel back to NJ for a load, this time it's tools, 'may the fun begin'

Be Safe
Stay Warm
Have Fun
Tight Lines
Records & Limits
Safe Travels
Good Eats & Drink
Happy Birthday
Happy Anniversary
Get Well Soon
Thoughts & Prayers
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23273 on: Apr 25, 2021, 09:19 AM »
TT
The first 2 lifts were 1,900 #'s a piece and the third was just over 1,400#'s.
My flooring was another 3'600#'s.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23274 on: Apr 25, 2021, 09:45 AM »
Good morning all  :bow:

27 when we went for a walk this morning mid 40's expected for the afternoon. The guessers are calling for a chance of severe weather tomorrow night, could be the end :woot:

WW....Thanks for sharing the critter story :thumbsup: I noticed on my camera a striped kitty checking things out by the bird feeder. I'm not allowed to trap those around the house anymore after the last one squirted :whistle:

h2l....Sounds like some good eats :thumbsup:

Capt.J... Safe travels on your trip to NJ

Dave... Glad everything went well getting the materials to the cabin :thumbsup:

Bud.... Safe travels :thumbsup:

All the trees are planted and nothing planned for today.

Hope you all have a good Sunday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23275 on: Apr 25, 2021, 03:01 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, Cloudy today, Did try and fish yesterday but the line kept getting tangled. Was good to be out in the sun. Consultation went well. Once they get approval by the Insurance I’ll be able to have the surgery hopefully the middle of May. Have to see the Headache Dr first though because of possible complications with the headache. My wife is feeling good other then her memory issues trying to get her to see another Neurologist.

Whopper Stopper, Trapping the striped kitty can be bad. You deserve a day to rest after planting all those trees.

Captain Jim, May you have a safe trip.

Hunts2long, Definitely a delicious Saturday night meal.

WallyWorld, I don’t ever remember seeing a fisher in a tree. That must have been quite a sight.

Tom Turkey, I’m sorry for your loss. Prayers that your son and everyone who tested positive for Covid will get better soon.

Mason Eddie, Thats great news that your unemployment went thru. Are you going to make yard games for the grandkids?

I hope everyone had a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23276 on: Apr 25, 2021, 05:08 PM »
Well hit the spot again with the wife since the other fish are spoken for and caught another 12 today in 2 hours. Tried the record a track feature on the i-pilot and it worked ok. Just need work on the start and stop side of things. Could have gone around a couple times before hitting stop but will now know for future times with this feature. Have a good end of the weekend and start to the work week.

And makes a pretty good meal afterwards in the ninja airfyer/pressure cooker

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #23277 on: Apr 25, 2021, 08:22 PM »
Good evening rainy start to the day thenit dried out and sun finally appeared for the last few hours of daylight. Big news in this part of NY.state is the closing of Indian Point Nuclear plant in Westchester county. Numerous articles spread over six pages in today's edition of my local newspaper I have to read through all of them curious to see how the electric power this plant supplied is being replaced and what is planed for the property . This plant was forty miles or less North of NYC and has been a source of conflict since it was built and went into operation concerns only grew after the events of Sept. 11,2001 .
Tomturkey sorry to hear about you family members,the gentleman your son cares for and his father. May everyone recover from their Covid infections.
IFF Happy for your sister that her husband's funeral was well attended. Have a good time at your daughter and safe traveling to you.
Fish/hunt4ever all the best to your wife with the upcoming surgery. Congratulations on the good walleye fishing.
Wallyworld enjoy the wildlife that visit your property. Next month i should start to see some of the local deer population foraging her on the foilage that surrounds the complex.
Hunts2long glad the weather was good and you had a nice visit and meal with Lindsay and Rocky.
Capt.Jim may you have a safe and problem free trip to NJ. and back home to Kansas.
Drifter-016 may you have all the paneling out to your cabin  I hope the trail to your cabin held up to the heavy load.
Whopper stopper may all of you come through the coming severe weather in good shape. Good to read all of the pines are planted. may the striped kitty and any of it's relatives not become a problem for you.
Icefisher-45 great to read you went fishing. :clap: :thumbsup: May everything come together and you have the surgery next month. Best to your wife a second opinion is always a good idea.
Eddie I hope you and Mrs.Mason are not to tired out after babysitting the grandchildren this weekend.

Everyone have a good coming week.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #23278 on: Apr 26, 2021, 05:12 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 34( and a bit breezy this AM.  ::)
                          Steve.........I think we're finally in to spring weather and the foliage should really take off so the deer should be hanging
                 around your complex soon. :whistle:
                          Tom...........I'm sorry to read the loss of the man your son cared for. :(
                          Marv..........Good going getting all the pines planted, that's not an easy task. :blink:
                          I-45..........I'm glad that you got out and tried to do some fishing, it's good therapy. :thumbsup:
                          Fish..........Congratu lations on the walleye harvest. :thumbsup:
                          Wally........Looks like a nice week coming up, maybe a fishing trip or two are on the schedule. :flex:
                          H2l..........I'm glad to read that your wife's appointment went well and the Dr. gave her permission to expand her activities. :clap: :thumbsup:
                          Eddie.......I'm glad that you finally got hold of the Unemployment people and you wll be receiving your  benefits soon. :thumbsup:
                          My wife's son and granddaughter left on Saturday, then my wife gave me a to do list, I had to get a yard of red mulch and put in her
                 flower beds, a tard wasn't enough so I went yesterday for another yard.
                          My wife leaves for her mother's this morning and will be back on Thursday, then her mother and daughter are coming here on Saturday.
                          I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work r out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23279 on: Apr 26, 2021, 05:40 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

40 degrees with rain. This will make things pop, especially the lawn ???

IW....Good going on getting to the list right away :thumbsup: I am getting smothered with my lists ???

WW..... Hope the week finds you on the water at some point :thumbsup:

Fish.... Good going with the eyes! Best wishes to your wife on her surgery :thumbsup:

Eddie.... Hope you had a good weekend with the grandkids  :thumbsup:

With the rain I will probably spend some time with my to do list. No big projects just a bunch of nuisance items.

Hope you all have a good Monday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.