The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: any ice on arod lakes?  (Read 1275 times)

Offline HERDBULL

• IceShanty Rookie
any ice on arod lakes?
« on: Nov 29, 2007, 08:11 AM »
how is the ice on arrod? anyone been out there yet? and how was the fishing? :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Dinga LING

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • <
Re: any ice on arod lakes?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2007, 02:36 PM »
I haven't heard anything yet but it's gotta be getting good.  Supposed to be getting colder for the next few days with some temps below zero.  So that will help.  Gotta check out the elk hunting at least one more time then is is full blast ice fishing for me.

Give a man a fish,  he eats for a day.
Teach a man to fish,  he sits all day on the ice drinking beer.

Offline HERDBULL

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2007, 02:44 PM »
HEY DING ALING, I USE TO GO TO BELT  I GREW UP IN MONARCH. I HEAR THAT DAWSONS PONDS ARE GOOD BUT I CANT SEEM TO REMEMBER WHERE THEY ARE CAN YOU HELP? AND IF YOU KNOW OF ANY OTHER CLOSE PONDS TO GO TO? SO WHERE ARE YA GOING FOR THE ELK? I GOT ONE LAST WEEK AND IM GONNA LOOK FOR ANOTHER. LATER. HERD BULL!! :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Dinga LING

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • <
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2007, 11:15 AM »
Herdbull,

Divorce forced me to move back to GF this summer.  I have never heard of the Dawson Ponds.  I can check with a buddy that should know.  I will let you know when I find out.

Went looking for elk along the Rocky Mtn. Front.  Saw about 60 cows along highway 200 on South side near the Sterns Hall turn off.  Private land and no permission granted.  Went to area 421 saw about 60 more head with bulls.  Again, private land with no permission.  Unless we get some more serious weather, I am going to hang the guns up for the year and hit the ice.

Give a man a fish,  he eats for a day.
Teach a man to fish,  he sits all day on the ice drinking beer.

Offline HERDBULL

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2007, 07:55 PM »
Herdbull, funny thing.. im getting a divorce also.. i am looking for a roommate too. yeah they all b***h about the elk but wont let anyone hunt!!

Divorce forced me to move back to GF this summer.  I have never heard of the Dawson Ponds.  I can check with a buddy that should know.  I will let you know when I find out.

Went looking for elk along the Rocky Mtn. Front.  Saw about 60 cows along highway 200 on South side near the Sterns Hall turn off.  Private land and no permission granted.  Went to area 421 saw about 60 more head with bulls.  Again, private land with no permission.  Unless we get some more serious weather, I am going to hang the guns up for the year and hit the ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.