The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: WHAT A WASTE!!  (Read 2126 times)

Offline brknwndnMT

• IceShanty Rookie
WHAT A WASTE!!
« on: Feb 02, 2013, 11:08 AM »
My brother in law were out at the east gallitan pond one morning. the day before there was an older unemployed gentleman using a jiggler rod needless to say he was slaying the perch and trout! we talked to him briefly before calling it a day. the next morning we arrived at sunrise. we walked out to the holes we fished the previous day when i noticed some fish in the snow!! i counted 30 perch some as small as two inches. there were also a half a dozen trout of decent size. we continued fish. a little later a game warden came down to check licences. he  notice the same thing we saw. i told him about the guy there the day before and he knew who he was he has been trying to catch this guy for a while!! the game warden had just come from the pond by the mall and found twenty or so bluegills wasted on the ice!!! the warden has talked to the gentleman but hasn't caught him in the act!! he believes that the state stocks to many perch and bluegills!! for one they don't stock these fish only trout!! a brief decryption he wears a black ice armor suit and white mickey mouse boots and uses a in-line jiggler rod with tiny black flys. any help is appreciated. you could even be up for a tip Mont reward for turning him in!!! lets keep our ponds full of fish for our children and for those who just love to catch and release just for the fun being on the ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if you have any info call Adam Pankratz fwp game warden office-406-994-6932 or his cell 406-581-6426
tight line to all!!!!

Offline rags

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: WHAT A WASTE!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2013, 11:19 AM »
I hope they catch him and fine him big time

Offline akdube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2013, 12:29 PM »
Thats too bad. Makes me sick to here things like this

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2013, 01:23 PM »
My Number 1 pet peeve. There is no trying to figure people that do such a thing.

WS

Offline pascoag icefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2013, 02:06 PM »
I hope he get caught. Was fishing a pond in ri the day after a fish tournment. There were at least 30 fish on the ice just in the small area we were fishing.

Offline frostbittin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2013, 06:33 PM »
Losers that think they are doing the world a favor by taking "dinks" out of the lake. Every fish started off being small, no one has the right to leave small fish to die on the ice without the intent to eat them. Losers....

Offline wawaseebass

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2013, 06:38 PM »
This guy and anyone else who does this should have fishing privileges revoked for life.

Offline Ice cold

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 2013, 06:43 PM »
That's a shame! At least your wardens are trying to catch the guy.

Offline Icejigs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 02, 2013, 07:54 PM »
BRKN, you might want to post this on the Mt. section.

Offline wingnutty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 02, 2013, 08:55 PM »
a brief decryption he wears a black ice armor suit and white mickey mouse boots

If the warden doesn't get to him first, let's hope the fashion police do.

Offline lundin-loading

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 02, 2013, 08:59 PM »
If the warden doesn't get to him first, let's hope the fashion police do.

HAHAHA

Offline Grayhouse

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 02, 2013, 09:13 PM »
That's nice, just got back from my spot a while ago.  Found something similar, about a dozen 4" to 6" perch tossed aside, along with a pile of cigarette butts, have a little more respect for the fish and the sport!

Offline grillintrout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 02, 2013, 10:57 PM »
Sounds like a future episode of "Wardens" in the making.

Offline mt.redneck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 02, 2013, 11:36 PM »
heard a guy here in billings was at riverfront park and kept 5 tiger muskies, not sure it any were over the 40 inch minimum but don't think so. A guy called the fwp and gave them a picture of the guy with the stringer of fish in the picture and they weren't going to do any looking into it or seem interested in the fact that people are poaching lots of tiger muskies CAUSE PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE PIKE! these fish are in the lake to help the stunted fish problem in the lake but how can they do their job when they are taken out of the lake illegally?
safe ice, tight lines and god bless!

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 03, 2013, 12:18 AM »
I fished too deep to release today,  most of the fish were very nice, but still picked up a few 5-6" dink perch..... They still came home and were released into the grease....  As for the trout, no big loss  ;)

Offline fishinwithbrittanies

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Feb 03, 2013, 10:21 PM »
I just saw a guy kind of matching that description out on Dailey this past Friday.  He was driving an older dakota or S-10.  IF IT"S NOT THE SAME GUY I DONT MEAN TO INCRIMINATE ANYONE.

If it is the guy though that erks me a lot.  I fish the East Gallatin a lot because it's close, but if he was doing that on other lakes I'd be PISSED.
I don't like it at all when people kill things and leave them (minus ground spuirrels!)

I will be sure to keep that in mind when I'm out.

Was he using long rods?  This guy has two long rods, black suit of that discription and the white boots
Its better to have hooked and lost than to have never hooked at all - J.B.

*WARNING*  This man fishes with dogs off leash

Offline lundin-loading

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 03, 2013, 10:54 PM »
perch eyes are one of my favorite baits, but im a softy, and i always dispatch before gouging, and they go home with me afterwards with the rest of the keepers.

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Feb 03, 2013, 10:57 PM »
of course...if you are going use eyes...thats the way to go....

Offline heine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 03, 2013, 11:30 PM »
I like to carry a strong toothpick with me and i bonk my maggots before i put them on the hook  :'( poor lil fellas such a sad way to go

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Feb 04, 2013, 06:52 AM »
HAHAHAHAHA

Offline Ruger1022

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Feb 04, 2013, 07:48 AM »
I will be sure to take a video camera with me ice fishing from now on, so if i do catch somebody doing such things, I can turn them in with video evidence and get the nice reward from tip-mont. It can be up to a $1,000.00 reward! That will pay for a nice ice fishing trip or two!
Hope they catch this idiot and fry his azz! Perch fishing used to be good when I was a kid on CF but because people like this guy. The perch population has dropt. It is getting harder to fish for them and to catch any of size anymore.
Hold my beer and watch this!!!!👍

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.