New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1025774 times)

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #1110 on: Feb 11, 2018, 04:28 PM »

Well done Jason , scout you will Gett-m next time , great running with the sled , wheelers were getting around ok , chains wouldn’t hurt

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1111 on: Feb 11, 2018, 04:29 PM »
Nice job guys!

Offline fishshack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #1112 on: Feb 11, 2018, 06:31 PM »
Nice catches guys!!  3 of us got out for the am bite. We got 7 total but the ones we marked sure were fussy. The snow is melting down some and there was a bit more slush around. Going to try some bacon wrapped walleyes sometime this week.

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1113 on: Feb 11, 2018, 06:43 PM »
Looks like the wheeler guys are gonna Dodge a bullet.  Lake was slushing up coming in today but next weekend will be back to a clean slate maybe even melting sliders and overheating my old xlt.  Will see. 

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1114 on: Feb 11, 2018, 08:35 PM »
Scout I have no idea whats up with the shoals this year fish are there but will not bite

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #1115 on: Feb 11, 2018, 08:47 PM »
Scout I have no idea whats up with the shoals this year fish are there but will not bite
certainly was the case today......marked a bunch of fish........I think there a ton of gobies out there, which might have an effect....although they would chase the bait with authority but most times stop short......weird

Offline ice4066

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1116 on: Feb 11, 2018, 08:51 PM »
we took our annual weekend ice trip to onieda this weekend best weekend on ice there ever for us ,only one keeper eye (alot of shorts) one nice burbott ....but brought home over 100 nice perch and half were tanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ice was great and weather for most part great!
Having a sled to pull stuff out and back in was great
hope to get back again this ice season

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1117 on: Feb 12, 2018, 07:38 AM »
Looking at the forecast there is more 30s and 40s than 20s. It looks like we are going to start heading in the wrong direction.  :'(

Offline billybob851

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1118 on: Feb 12, 2018, 09:27 AM »
Looking at the forecast there is more 30s and 40s than 20s. It looks like we are going to start heading in the wrong direction.  :'(

I was just looking at the 10 day and its not showing much for below 32 degrees next week and rain.

Offline slamboney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1119 on: Feb 12, 2018, 09:35 AM »
I think you're right Bruce, and I just got my sled fixed.   

I got out on my sled yesterday for the first time in a long time, thanks again KP. I got a limit of eyes and 8 perch. Lots of lookers that wouldn't commit. I had a guy set up pretty close to me around noon, I think he spooked fish to me or something, I caught all the keeper eyes, 5 of the good perch and a pile of eyes that were just short in the next hour or so. Seemed the fish were there  but really funky acting most of the day.  I relocated 6 times and 4 of the holes had fish come off the bottom on the first drop but then they would disperse pretty quickly, weird. 

Offline Dsportman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1120 on: Feb 12, 2018, 11:07 AM »
Be careful crossing the crack heading toward grassy from constantia. Started looking a little shady on the way in last night

Offline Theval

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1121 on: Feb 12, 2018, 04:26 PM »
Hey guys anyone think it'll be ok for a wheeler this weekend? Heading out with the gf for a weekend trip. We're excited lol good luck guys.

Offline Garufi518

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1122 on: Feb 12, 2018, 05:17 PM »
Can anyone recommend lodging on southern shore around Lewis point fishing it for the first time this weekend figured make a trip out of it

Offline hrdcore

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1123 on: Feb 12, 2018, 05:50 PM »
Be careful crossing the crack heading toward grassy from constantia. Started looking a little shady on the way in last night

I crossed that crack on foot headed for grassy Sunday...a couple hits and the spud went  through and had to cross elsewhere.As far as fishing was concerned I ended up with a limit of eyes & 2 jumbos with a few throw backs. Had to switch it up with different lures to make them bite then it shut down when the rain moved in.

Offline swampking89

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ice fishin rules!!!
« Reply #1124 on: Feb 12, 2018, 05:54 PM »
There's a hotel in Canastota only about 15 minutes from Lewis point.good luck!!

Offline Dsportman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1125 on: Feb 12, 2018, 07:10 PM »
I crossed that crack on foot headed for grassy Sunday...a couple hits and the spud went  through and had to cross elsewhere.As far as fishing was concerned I ended up with a limit of eyes & 2 jumbos with a few throw backs. Had to switch it up with different lures to make them bite then it shut down when the rain moved in.

....nice job on the catch! I almost put the wheeler through it on the way off last night. Took about a 2foot nose dive but powered across it.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1126 on: Feb 13, 2018, 12:36 AM »

Yes sir that good old puckering affect ,
Glad you able to power out

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1127 on: Feb 13, 2018, 05:22 AM »
my latest big bay trip !!!!!  as I pulled into the 4 dollar parking area and I was talking to Freddie I realized I did something I have never done before ...left my spikes home ...great a quick trip to bartles and back ...I  park and got out ... great windy .....take a hit off the inhaler cover my face and   drag to the  access pipe ......someone had to do it and I'm sure I wasn't first .... I sliped on the ice and landed on my .......buttock  sooooo a few minutes of  catching my breath and cursing the local land owners that tore that spot up I headed out to the magical  sunfish grounds ....oh boy .....no this isn't my first rodeo and I may have been on this water a time or two before  so I headed way out ..... not a hit other then the pickerel that swallowed my jig and did not recover from the removeal ... oh well i'll count him on my pickerel limit I headed in close in hopes for some gills ....now a few guys were pulling fish so I set up camp great no propane in heater ..... set up  getting cold but I'm tough ,really wish I brought coffee 2 hours later and 4 holes drilled ...4 small blue gills I decide to make my final move to mc donalds for a large 99 cent coffee ....putting my stuff away I notice I'm sore .... I went to put the cover on my auger ....ouch  another first I'm leaving a blood trail on the ice ...bandaids  come out of my wallet  I notice it's still windy cold and now snowing .... the access still sucks  I still hurt and I decide i'll leave my gear and get my truck .... I hurry and pull my truck down, toss my gear in, getting into my truck wheezing cold and bloody a women that reminded me of a Klingon from star trek pulls up at worp speed and decides to take out her lifes frustrations on me ,screaming I'm blocking her drive way  and there is clearly a sign posted .... now I'm not in a good mood but I know better then to fight when this is our only access and clearly  this gorilla girl could kick my ass ..... I apologize and figure it's done ...oh no ....she wants me to see the sign she gets out and points to the sign ....biting my tongue and fighting the impulse to tell her I work for national grid and it is illegal to post signs on our poles  I said ty ma'am, I didn't see that  ....I leave go to mc donalds  get my coffee to realize my wallet is in my suit  in my shanty locked in the back of my truck .....I count a dollar 8 in change hand it to the kid  and head home........it was not my best day .............my advice  watch out for the Klingon  and  the  icy rocks  feel free to use my holes  they are like brand new no fish   removed threw them ....I'm going to otisgo

Offline crappyfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • no, it's not spelled wrong, I'm just not any good
« Reply #1128 on: Feb 13, 2018, 05:33 AM »
Went out from Constantia towards the shoals, crusty snow with some slush  under it but walkable. Ice was about 8" and cut easy. Marked no fish- caught as many.

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1129 on: Feb 13, 2018, 05:52 AM »
Holy crap trap  ;D that rhimes sounds like you had a blast from the past...hopefully your buttocks arent to sore ..and glad you didnt hurt your back...you better stick with otisco...at least until open water...either that or stay away from fred. ;D..and STAY AWAY FROM BROOM HILDA

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1130 on: Feb 13, 2018, 05:53 AM »
Sorry to hear of your bad outing Trap!! We all have had  days like that. But, I would’ve paid for your coffee and breakfast if I was there and you indeed told that Klingon your national grid story!!!! 😜 give them hell next time bud!!!🎣🕳
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1131 on: Feb 13, 2018, 06:04 AM »
no kp I wouldn't risk more  bs over that access spot ,I just told her I was sorry I didn't see the sign ...but driving away  below my dash I was waving a universal hand gesture to her .....  and  now I look back at the day I'm smiling ...... i'll make up for it today :thumbsup:

Offline moosefeet

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1132 on: Feb 13, 2018, 06:09 AM »
Well Trap at least you got out and had some fun.... this is fun isn't it?

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1133 on: Feb 13, 2018, 06:11 AM »
 lol ..........hey the pickerel had a worse day then me   :roflmao:

Offline stringer01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1134 on: Feb 13, 2018, 06:39 AM »
Good story trap im sorry but sounds like a few days ive had my back still sore

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1135 on: Feb 13, 2018, 06:55 AM »
 Glad your ok bud
Dam trapp I think some of my luck rubbed off onto you from the other day , well I guess release will have to stop down and lay some of his charm on her 😘
  on a better note I ran into 1 of our local wardens yesterday and had a nice conversation

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1136 on: Feb 13, 2018, 07:15 AM »
She sounds like a real sweetheart.  :o

I hope you have a better day today Trap.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1137 on: Feb 13, 2018, 07:21 AM »
Trap, it takes a day like that to make the next day GREAT....It could have been worst, that women could have been on her way to work at Mac D's...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Dsportman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1138 on: Feb 13, 2018, 07:46 AM »
Calmly say with a big smile “don’t tell me,let me guess......you didn’t vote for trump”. Then take three steps back and watch the meltdown🤣

Offline stringer01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1139 on: Feb 13, 2018, 08:07 AM »
You explained the whole problem it was freddy getting the skunk off so he and snag could go lip rippin!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.