New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1025085 times)

Offline Looper

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #450 on: Jan 12, 2018, 04:05 PM »
The weather is nuts, close to 60 now and going down to 10 tonight, WOW!

Offline bobcat85

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #451 on: Jan 12, 2018, 05:48 PM »
Went up to the lake yesterday afternoon fishing for the first time on the north shore. My buddy caught about 12 shorts and a perch and I got about 6 shorts. So this morning we moved to the south shore later in the morning and marked a bunch but i only got one eye with a couple perch and my buddy caught a few shorts and perch or two. Only fished 2 hours. Had a blast and thanks everyone on here for the help and enjoyment of reading the posts keep the pictures coming!!!

Offline bigZin315

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #452 on: Jan 12, 2018, 07:37 PM »
Any die hards going to try and fish tomorrow?
It's not that fishing is so important, it's just that so many things in life are so much less important

Offline komo15

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #453 on: Jan 12, 2018, 07:44 PM »
Not sure I'm considered a die hard, but I'm going.  Gonna try out of williams.  Gonna get there extra early, but not venturing out until light.  I have a sled.  Imagine with snow pull is gonna suck

Offline komo15

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #454 on: Jan 12, 2018, 07:48 PM »
Can someone let me know if parking lot across from Williams is ok to park in?  Do I need to pay someone?  C a lot of people parking there, just have no clue!  I have a trailer and sled and would hate to take up spots at Williams if I can park across street.  I will pay!  Please help!

Offline dthrckt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #455 on: Jan 12, 2018, 08:05 PM »
Anyone know if camping is allowed off season at Verona Beach State park?  Hoping to make a long weekend of it next weekend.  Also hoping to find perch around there...

Offline SHUBA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Shuba
« Reply #456 on: Jan 12, 2018, 09:09 PM »
the lot across the street is intended for trailers and overflow cars and trucks
your good to go
STAY SAFE AND FISH HARD WATER
Shuba<br />Hardwater Fanatic

Offline Chuck66

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #457 on: Jan 13, 2018, 05:11 AM »
How much snow u guys getting ?

Offline cnypanfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #458 on: Jan 13, 2018, 05:14 AM »
How much snow u guys getting ?
A lot, maybe like A foot in some spots, heavy snow too.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #459 on: Jan 13, 2018, 06:09 AM »

I live 30 min north of Oneida lake and I have between 8-10” of that nasty white stuff ,

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #460 on: Jan 13, 2018, 06:42 AM »

the snow is hard to say here in volney  dtifts are deep my bet 10 to 12  fillet i got my new shanty set up  out in the shed lol ..... i'll get my use out of it one way or the other

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #461 on: Jan 13, 2018, 06:55 AM »
snowing to beat the band here on the south shore.......I would say at least 8-10"......and heavy as hell......all = a not so user friendly lake......use your heads out there fellers

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #462 on: Jan 13, 2018, 07:00 AM »

🤬🤯 that figures , if my map is right looks like It will end about  1:00 🤞

Offline BROOKIEGILLY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #463 on: Jan 13, 2018, 08:16 AM »
i live about 1.5 miles north of the lake in Constantia we have about 10" here.

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #464 on: Jan 13, 2018, 08:49 AM »
8” here in NB. Real fine and still coming down but a lot slower.

Offline Growler_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #465 on: Jan 13, 2018, 08:57 AM »
I'm on south shore, mid lake, we got about 10" here. Still some wet spots near shore on the lake. Use a spud getting on or near any cracks

Offline moosefeet

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #466 on: Jan 13, 2018, 09:13 AM »
Any idea how much slush there is or going to be? Pretty sure it gonna suck dragging snotty sled or not!

Offline Dsportman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #467 on: Jan 13, 2018, 09:16 AM »
Anyone make the venture out? Thinking about hitting the grassy shoal area tomorrow after a day of cold temps to tighten things back up

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #468 on: Jan 13, 2018, 09:23 AM »
Any idea how much slush there is or going to be? Pretty sure it gonna suck dragging snotty sled or not!

Where I am, near shore 6” of Water with 8” snow dumped in it? Not pretty, I’m guessing.

Past the debris field on the main ice didn’t have too much water yesterday so I’m hoping that’s just straight snow which is very fine and icy but not wet.

All just speculation until I get out there though.

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #469 on: Jan 13, 2018, 11:44 AM »
Update to my above post. Just ran the wheeler out to the crack running E/W at about the 20fow mark.

Shoreline slush is deep but not too long. I made it thru fine in 4L with chains on the back. Debris field is much easier. I was able to cross in 4 different spots where I had to smash one path before to get back and forth. Lake is smoothed our past the debris with a lot of shards left so I’d be careful with speed. The crack is a problem. I spudded across it in a few spots but in all of them the inside sheet was shoved under the outside sheet leaving 18”+ of slush at the edge of the sheet. Wet to cross by foot but a no go with the wheeler. I tried, but basically hit a wall at the outside sheet. Was able to jump off and back it out but it’s prettt dangerous and not crossable in my area with a machine unless you bring planks.

That is all. Play safe!

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #470 on: Jan 13, 2018, 12:13 PM »
Thanks for the detailed report Chow! 👍🏼
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline Chuck66

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #471 on: Jan 13, 2018, 12:51 PM »
Chow , the big crack that u speak of is it near Lewis point. I have three buddy’s of mine fishing there today , they said lake is covered with snow , also could they make it to rock pile. Tight lines be safe guys

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #472 on: Jan 13, 2018, 01:21 PM »
No. I'm on the North shore. On the East end we have big cracks going east-west off the north and south shores. I haven't crossed the south shore crack in a couple of weeks so no info on it.

Offline Chuck66

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #473 on: Jan 13, 2018, 01:32 PM »
Thank u chow good luck too u fishing , thanks for the info, this sight is really good

Offline Bug-Eye-Brew

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Catch and Release into the Grease
« Reply #474 on: Jan 14, 2018, 08:45 AM »
I'm fishing north shore this morning out of Apps, machines are out, little slush under the snow but not too bad on a wheeler, ice is a solid 11", lots of lookers so far but that's it
Age is an issue of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter ... Mark Twain

Offline burningdownthehouse

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #475 on: Jan 14, 2018, 08:55 AM »
Fished out of Williams (SE of islands) for a short time before church this morning, 17 FOW, marked lots of fish, two nice perch on blue and white Genz worm tipped with a buckeye, 12" of ice and machines all over, shoreline has a small slush pocket, but I'm assuming that will be frozen solid after today, ice was popping

Offline burningdownthehouse

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #476 on: Jan 14, 2018, 08:57 AM »
Fished out of Williams (SE of islands) for a short time before church this morning, 17 FOW, marked lots of fish, two nice perch on blue and white Genz worm tipped with a buckeye, 12" of ice and machines all over, shoreline has a small slush pocket, but I'm assuming that will be frozen solid after today, ice was popping

Mostly sleds out there, but I did see one wheeler and he seemed to be going along just fine

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #477 on: Jan 14, 2018, 09:00 AM »
the snow is hard to say here in volney  dtifts are deep my bet 10 to 12  fillet i got my new shanty set up  out in the shed lol ..... i'll get my use out of it one way or the other
Yo Trap,

What is your new shanty? Did you finish your smitty?  That will make it an easier drag for a young feller like you  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Start each day with the exuberance of a 10 year old . Do not allow those around you to diminish that exuberance.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #478 on: Jan 14, 2018, 10:42 AM »
wanted something light and cheap so i got a frabil recon  from herb p's down in oswego on sale  i got the  smitty ready! waiting for  a trail now   boggey give mea text so i can add you to my contacts i got my phone broken and wet so new phone same number

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #479 on: Jan 14, 2018, 11:01 AM »
went out south shore west of chapman ice was good no slush bite was a no go.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.