Iowa > Ice Fishing Iowa

The February Melt Down....

(1/2) > >>

Icey Tom:
Hey guys..  What a crappy weekend, eh?  I got to fish a bit on Saturday evening ( near Ankeny) , 8 in ice on the little lake we went to.  Ice had about 3 inches of snow on top from the 6 inch they had received the Monday before.  Caught a few dink gills, thought we'd quit early and take the kids out in early morning.  Well, It started raining in the evening and rained all day.  We thought we could go anyway and went to see how the lake looked.  Looked like a small river going through it, and 3-4 inches water everywhere.  All their snow had melted.....I think I had some withdrawl symptoms on the drive back home.  More ice fishing would cure that, but who knows.....

Let's hope for a bit more cold weather before the big "Feb. melt down".....

Tom

Steve B:
 :(Icey Tom ,I have to agree with you on the crappy weather. My son and I were out on W Okoboji on Sat. and it was great, the ice was 18" and we had agood time even though the fishing was slow.We decided that since it was so slow we would try some farm ponds on Sun. and woke up to the rain and didnt go at all.Looks like we will be lucky to walk onto the lakes now.....Steve B

CrappieBuster:
Shortest ice fishing season on record im sure......Pretty sickening >:(

iceman480:
Yeah this stinks Brushy I think is just about finished. The rain we had depleted the ice pretty quick.

goody:
grrrrrrrrrrrr......... ..I hate the February meltdown.........   >:(

goody

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version